Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Monkey Tales

Good Morning, Kittens.

So my exciting adventure started Monday afternoon, with Isabella running to the window and staring into the garden. Then, I heard it: the pathetic cry of a tired little animal.

I looked out the window, following Isabella's gaze, and spotted a cute little black kitty being all loud and mewing. Quickly assessing the situation, I grabbed two plastic containers, filled one with water and the other with a little bit of dry cat food.

The Kitty attacked the food. Poor hungry kitty. But, she was very friendly and not scared of me. So, I knew she wasn't feral. I figured she must have escaped from a nearby home.

I went to pottery class. When I returned, the little kitty ran out of the bushes to meet me. I gave her some more food and checked Craigslist to see if anyone was reporting a little lost kitty. No such luck.

Heather called to ask me if I had seen this stray cat. I said yes and asked her if the kitty were still around the next morning (and I could capture it), would she be able to drive us to the shelter?

She agreed. Tuesday morning, I took some food out and waited. In the meantime, I ran into one of my neighbors. I asked if he had seen a little black kitten. He said yes. And then he said, "and there's a cage in the back of our building. I thought that was weird."

He took me to it. And, yes, some Total Asswipe had brought this sweet little black kitty to the back of our building, opened the carrier, and left her there.

I picked up the carrier and took it to the front of the building, and there was Little Miss Black Kitty Pants chowing down on the food I had left. I let her finish. Petted her. And, then, scooped her up and put her in the carrier.

She no like that. She mewed. A lot. Loudly.

Then, since I couldn't get the Washington Animal Rescue League to answer their phone, Heather and I took her to the Montgomery County Humane Society Animal Shelter. They named her "Monkey" (*ugh*) and took her away. But, not after a woman behind us in line started asking how to adopt her.

Have a great day, kittens!

11 comments:

  1. rn terri10:43 AM

    That is so sweet! Hope she goes to a good home soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for you! And the lady behind you in line! Sigh. I need a cat. Must deal with the three barksalot canines who currently share my residence. Shall not have a cat for a long while, methinks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to stock up on the good Karma! Good luck little kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad I don't live closer -- Might have considered adopting kitty.

    Can't believe how wicked some people can be to their animals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for doing the right thing. And a pox on whoever just dumped her. I bet she will get a wonderful forever home, maybe from the lady behind you in line.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly12:57 PM

    I would adopt the kitteh, if I lived closer to you...

    fork the "person" who just left the kitteh; may that "person" meet the same fate!

    as for your laundry, I don't think I could do justice to your "unmentionables"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like the kitteh will get a good home, and not have to endure an Asswipe home anymore. I think people who do stuff like that should be drawn and quartered. Very slowly. Good job on the kitteh rescue!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Montgomery County Animal folks. They played host to my little Bear, who was once a little black puff of fur, and now is a little rascally boy cat. They were great and I am sure that they will take good care of "Monkey" [what they lack in the naming department the make up for in the care department]!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad there are people like you in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay, little kitty will have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete