Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Pots

Good Morning, Kittens!

Not much happened yesterday. I slept. A lot. And I ate. Then, I went to pottery class. I pulled handles and trimmed two mugs. I also moved several large-ish platter-bowl-things which should (maybe?) be ready to trim next week.

I also picked up the rest of my glazed pottery from the last firing. It's a bit disappointing for 2 reasons. First, the Lisa's Favorite Blue glaze ran. A lot. And, second, they are full of tiny little pinprick flaws (possibly from cooling too quickly in the kiln) which render them unfit for food use. Bah.

Nevertheless, they look pretty ...

Large BowlApprox. 5" tall, 7" across


PitcherApprox. 6" tall


Vase 1Approx. 5" tall


Vase 2Approx. 4" tall, 4.5" wide at mouth


Have a great day! *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. rn terri10:10 AM

    Everything looks gorgeous. I love the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly10:58 AM

    they are still beautiful, even if you can't eat/drink from them. they could be yarn mugs, vases, pencil holders, bead holders...endless possibilities!

    today is a sunny day to go outside...go soak up that vitamin D!

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear, they are gorgeous, whether they hold food or not. In fact, if they disappoint you, lemme buy one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris3:58 PM

    Stuff Washington DC - move to Aotearoa NZ and become a potter in Coromandel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore that pitcher! Have you thought about opening an Etsy shop? Or doing any commission work?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mush likes the glaze on the top two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The blues are sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pots are awesome!

    ReplyDelete