Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Bitch Set Me Up

Good Morning, Kittens.

Behold the (much belated) photo of my Seattle souvenir from K-Factor. I wonder, does one have to be from the Washington Metro Area to find it funny?

Yesterday, I went for a run. I managed about 2 miles before collapsing into a heap by the side of the road, hoping that one of the Cute Jogger Boys would take pity on me. No such luck.

Some of the neighbors are trying to convince me to run the Turkey Chase on Thanksgiving morning. It's a 10k ... which according to this handy online metric conversion tool is ... (insert dramatic pause) ... 0.00 Light Years!

OMG! Why am I running if I don't even have to move? I think I'm going to start measuring all distance in Light Years. My house is 0.00 Light Years from my parents' home: "I *did* come home for Thanksgiving last year. I traveled all 0.00 Light Years to see you. I am such a good son."

Meanwhile, there is some (mildly optimistic) news on the job front. So, keep sending good vibes this way. Decisions should be made soon.

Have a sunshiny day! *smooches*

11 comments:

  1. The answer is no. You don't have to be from the DC area. I do suspect you have to be NOT from Warshington state, but that cracked my shit up when I saw it in Seattle over the summer.

    Fingers crossed on the job thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly9:49 AM

    I lerve marion berries (the fruit, not the person)! and yes, I get the dc connection. does anything keep that s.o.b. out of dc politics?

    fingers/arms/legs/toes crossed and good thoughts/karma being sent your way on the job front...you deserve it...you need it...you would be a most excellent employee...you have much to offer...rinse and repeat...

    PS - word is "ranogis"...perhaps this is what made you collapse yesterday...and SHAME on those cute boys for not helping you (they were probably str8 anyway)...

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I picked up some marionberry preserves on our last trip, and it didn't even occur to me.

    Good vibes being sent as we (don't really) speak.

    ReplyDelete
  4. rn terri11:04 AM

    Sending good *vibes*..........

    ReplyDelete
  5. And more good vibes. You can't have too many.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Your good employment news is on its way! And maybe the mailman delivering the good news will be cute! - SCGB's sister

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, I have always laughed at that. In fact it took the late hubby years to convince me that marion berries were actual berries, and not just a joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, let's enter the run and come in last! Dead last! Like the turkeys on Thanksgiving -- we can show solidarity.

    Good vibes coming your way!

    Pacalaga, thanks, I thought they were a joke, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Consider them sent : ).

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have to be Not From Washington State.

    The first time I saw Marion Berry in the newspaper when I was "out east" (as we like to say), I snorted coffee out my nose. "They named a human being after a fruit? Seriously?

    Marion berries are really, really delicious. Marion berry pie is the absolute shiznit.

    Marion berries grow wild like weeks.

    ReplyDelete