Monday, October 19, 2009

Weekend Update: Rainy Days Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

Happy Monday! The sun is shining. The birds are singing. What a difference from the Weekend of Rain and Mist and Overwhelming Dreariness.

Friday evening, I met SCGB at the University of Maryland and we drove to Sarah and Mario's for dinner. After dinner, we piled back into the car and drove to the National Harbor for K-Factor's 30th birthday party at Cadillac Ranch (a western-themed restaurant bar ... with a mechanical bull! ... which VUBOQ did not ride, thank you very much). The party was fun. Booze. Dancing. Cake. Nom.

Saturday, I spent the entire day on the sofa. Mmm. Sofa. AND, my FREE MOO Business Cards arrived:

Fun! Pretty! MOO business cards!Aren't they Cute?


If you are on Flickr, search around. MOO has this limited time offer. 50 free business cards. The picture side of the card has a small advertisement for MOO with a 15% off code. And, you have to pay for shipping ($5). Still. Bargain. $5 for 50 business cards? That's, like, um, $1 a card or something.

I spent the rest of Saturday watching Brendan Frasier be all hot in the Mummy trilogy. Mmmm. And, Jet Li (yum) was in the last one, too. Yayz.

Sunday, I went to the pottery studio. I have 7 pieces out of the kiln, but could only carry 3 of them home (pottery is heavy, kittens). The mug is pictured above and two bowls:

Bowl 1Approx. 6.5" across and 3.5" tall


Bowl 2Approx. 6" across and 4" tall


I also threw a larger, shallower bowl.

Once home, I put the finishing touches on the 8th Annual BYOP Pumpkin Carving Party invitation. It's going to be a smaller, cheaper affair this year. Poverty is full of teh suck.

And, that was my exciting weekend. No big plans today, other than pottery class tonight.

Have a great day! *smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Yay! I like this post much better than Friday's sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute mug! The handle's like a butterfly's wing or a cartoon ear. And the bowls! You've got a matching set. Very nice work.

    Hope the sun shines and the birds sing for you all week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri10:31 AM

    Yay! I remember last year's pumpkin carving party! I have been stalking your blog for a year now... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brendan Frasier is dreamy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep. Gotta agree with you on the Brendan Fraser thing1 :-) Nice bowls, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly12:26 PM

    hello, sweetie...did ya miss me? I was in NY state for a few days with NO internet access (YAYZ!).

    well, seems as if the nice weather has put a smile on your face...and that pottery is to DIE for. your mug still holds my alpaca yarn for the never-ending shawl of doom (sigh)...

    what does VUBOQ want for the holidays (besides a job and a dreamy man, since I cannot supply either of those things)? let me know in a PM.

    smooches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. vuboq darling, that pottery is fantastic. And also, what Gayprof said.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LURVE the handle on the mug. Also, add me to the Brendan Frasier lovefest -- Jet Li, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the mug handle!

    My kids watched George of the Jungle a zillion times. I didn't mind, because I got to watch a scantily-clad Brendan Frazier.

    $5 for 50 business cards is, like, $1 a card? You aren't looking for a job that requires heavy math skills, are you?

    ReplyDelete