Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Red-Headed Stepchild

Good Morning, Kittens!

Yesterday, as some of you probably already know, I decided on making a little change. With help from the Fabulous Colornatrix, I am once again a redhead. Yay. This color is actually pretty close to what my hair color was when I was a kid. As I got older, my hair became more and more auburn. And, then, all the red disappeared and it became a mousy blondy brown. *sigh*

After my appointment, I met Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for lunch. We had the following, mildly amusing conversation.

Mike: I love your hair.
Me: Thanks. It's really close to my original color.
Mike: I know.
Me: No. Really. My original color is ...
Mike: I know.
Me: (pause). Oh. Right.*

Lunch was fun. Then, we went back to his office, where I quickly finished his scarf. See:

1006091431.jpg

I was worried about finishing it, but, as luck would have it, there was a fire in one of the Metro stations, so my regular 45-50 minute trip to the salon took a little over 90 minutes. Lots of time to knit on the train.

After leaving Mike's, I was supposed to meet a friend for drinks. She cancelled. So, I put on my pajamas and watched movies all night. Yay.

Have a great day! *smooches*

*If you need additional clarification, I'll simply add that the carpet now matches the drapes.

11 comments:

  1. anne marie in philly8:51 AM

    WHOA! did NOT know that...but then again, why should I... LOL

    FYI, my carpet in no way shape or form matches my drapes. I just like nice n easy #108; it covers a multitude of gray.

    so what's on tap for VUBOQ today...where can he go to show everyone how fabu he looks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. anne marie in philly8:53 AM

    oh yeah, I forgot to add...the scarf looks fabu against the green chair...does it match your carpet and drapes too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heart your footnotes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely scarf. Lovely hair color, too. No mention of carpet and drapes, however. Forget you just read that last sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hee! I'm going to giggle about that exchange for the rest of the day. Although, poor Mike (who makes cakes) that he had to remind you!

    LOVE the red hair. I'm so jealous that you look good in that color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rn terri1:48 PM

    Too funny! Love the scarf!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No clarification needed here, thanks. *snigger*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Even though I was caught in the same metro madness...I got it without the footnote too!

    I like the looks of the scarf -- did you use a pattern or is it an orginal?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not know that. But now I do. Yay! I shall call you "Red" henceforth.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Should your knew motto for guys you meet be "Be like Mike"?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for that additional clarification - because that was totally on the forefront of my mind! ;-) (And I believe I have pictures of you as a redhead. Very cute!)

    ReplyDelete