Wednesday, October 28, 2009

A Few Details

Good Morning, Kittens.

So this is what 5:30AM looks like. I no like.

Today, I am off to corporate HQ to do all sorts of paperwork and HR thingies. I have to be there between 7-9AM. It takes about 1.5 hours by metro. Fortunately, I will not be based there. My regular commute will take about half that time.

I don't want to say too much about the job here ... y'know, being Dooce'd would suck ... especially since I'm just starting. I will be working for a government contractor, creating (then, managing) an energy efficiency/conservation program for a quasi-federal agency. It should be fun, frustrating, challenging, and educational.

And, now, I must start getting ready. Mornings totally suck.

Have a great day! *smooches*

17 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 AM

    Good luck! I know it is early, but what a good feeling to start your new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big congrats 5:30am or not. I'm really happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly10:17 AM

    right - don't jinx it before you even start.

    5:30a pretty much sux; I get up at 6a, and it's the same. no good for ANYTHING without a cuppa cawfee!

    you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:20 AM

    Good Grief, was the moon still up??? My CATS don't even rise before seven!

    Good Luck with your new job. Try to stay awake, remeber, in an dozing off emergency, call the squirrels right outside your window....!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big fan of 5:30 personally. I like being up when it's dark and quiet. But I'm an odd llama, and you are probably right to accuse the Mornings of sucking. At least, it's only for today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. miso happy for you!!!!!

    congratulations. kick some ass on your first day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. rn terri11:02 AM

    Yay!!! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For me 5:30 only means a half hour until I get to leave the office. AM? Shudder.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're already in the swing of work things: hating waking up in the ghastly hours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. carlnepa1:53 PM

    Congratulations and good luck! Now get to work contributing to social security so I can get it when I retire!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy you got a job! Your brief description sounds like an interesting one at that. Now just one friend left on my must-get-a-job list. Fingers crossed please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anonymous6:17 PM

    CONGRATS!!! I have to drive to work at 6:30am to be at work at 7. Now that it's dark out it stinks. But jobs are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Xoxoxoxoxoxo -- best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome back to the working stiff's world....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratz dearest VUBOX! I am sad that you didn't immediately text me the seco you got yer jerb! And an hour and half commute is nuffin'! I do a two-hour commute one-way twice a day three dayz a week. ::criez::

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratumalations! You got a j-o-b!

    ReplyDelete