Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Weekend Update: A Day Late Edition

Good Afternoon, Kittens.
 
Busy day here at the Workplace ... well, at least this morning was busy.  Now I am unmotivated to do any more work.  *bleah*
 
So, this weekend ... Friday Happy Hour was fun.  It happened in two stages.  Stage 1 was with my co-worker, who was supposed to meet a friend around 6/6:30.  Since we got off at 4, we decided to have a little pre-happy hour happy hour.  Yay!  Around 5ish, I left that bar to begin Stage 2 at Nellie's on U Street, where I met JZ, SCGB, and Tomokito for supercheap vodka highballs.  A good boozy time was had by all.
 
Saturday, I met the Guy Who Says Like A Lot for brunch at Austin Grill, which was nice.  After a post-brunch nap, I went for a 3.5 mile run.  Then, I was supposed to go to CJ's Mardi Gras Party, but my ride flaked out on me.  I called two back-up drivers, but neither of them could go.  I checked to see if getting there via Metro was possible.  It was, but the bus from the station to the neighborhood only ran every 30 minutes.  Yuck.  So, I decided to stay home.  Which was nice.  Every now and then, I enjoy waking up on Sunday not hungover.
 
So, Sunday -not hungover-, I went to the pottery studio.  Here is a photo of the raised platter that I've been working on.  I also threw the two separate pieces to make a slightly smaller one. It was pouring down rain by the time I got home, so I settled in and made delicious tomato soup.  And watched DVDs.  And drank martinis.
 
Monday morning, I slept in ('til 8AM!).  Then, I went to the post office.  I *finally* mailed a package for a Blog Contest that happened in November(?).  Yay!  Then, I metro'ed to Pentagon City Mall, where I picked up to pairs of dress pants that I had hemmed at Nordstroms (Nordstrom? Nordstrom's?).  They look good, but might be a tad too dressy for every day workwear.  Maybe they will do for Important Meeting Workwear. 
 
Then, I wandered through the Mall, across the street, and into the Land of Credit Card Doom, aka Nordstrom('s?) Rack ... where I bought these SuperCute Shoes (um, what Shoe Moratorium?).  After shopping, I met Ray at California Pizza Kitchen for an early lunch.  Always good to catch up with him. 
 
After lunch, I headed back to Silver Spring.  I really, really wanted to take a nap, but instead I got sucked into reading the Worst Book Ever Written, aka Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.  OMG.  So bad.  But, I also couldn't stop reading it. I also couldn't stop wondering if the heroine ever found shoes or if she ran around in her stockings for most of the novel.  Maybe I skipped over her putting on new shoes (I skimmed over vast portions of the text).  Who knows?  Anyone? Anyone?
 
Then, I ironed 6 shirts and 2 pairs of pants.  Yay!
 
Then, I had Martini Time.
 
Then, I found out that K-Factor was sick and wouldn't be going to pottery class.  Boo.  Pottery class without the K-Factor isn't as fun.  I did throw a lidded mug and assembled the second raised platter.  So, class was good.  The trip home from class wasn't ... I just missed the UMD Shuttle to College Park Metro Station.  I had to wait about 10 minutes for the next one.  As soon as we boarded, the driver said "I have to take this shuttle out of service, because the new driver hasn't shown up."  We waited 5 more minutes for the new driver.
 
I get to College Park Metro Station and missed a train.  I had to wait 20 minutes.  At Fort Totten, I had to wait 10 minutes for the Red Line train.  Once at Silver Spring, I missed a the bus home by 2 minutes.  So I walked, arriving home a few minutes before the next bus did.  BAH.
 
And, then, I took a Benedryl and went to bed.
 
Fun times, eh?
Have a great day!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad NERPoD isn't the worst book ever written.

    Staying in on Saturday sometimes feel like a treat. Unless it is because the snow has made you a prisoner of your own house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa, I didn't know there's a Nordstrom's Rack in that vicinity. Not that I need to be going.... Glad to hear happy hour was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes will be perfect for St. Patrick's Day/your birthday.

    Love the raised platter. Haven't read the book. I stopped after 2 of his. They all seemed the same to me.

    ReplyDelete