Thursday, March 10, 2011

Green Tea Mornings

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
You may recall that late last year, because I was experiencing a weird, skipping heartbeat, I gave up my morning coffee.  The weird, skipping heartbeat stopped (yay), but -without my morning dose of caffeine- I am Mr. Cranky Bear.  So, I started drinking black tea.  Mmm. Tea.  That lasted for quite awhile ... until I ran out of my regular tea and -after pillaging my cabinets for a substitute- I started drinking some loose leaf tea a friend gave me from India.  And, that's when the weird, itchy rash started.  Maybe it was related, maybe not (I am now thinking "not" because it's been nearly two weeks and, although most of the rash is gone, I am still an Itch Monster).  So, I switched to green tea.  Mmmm.  Green tea.
 
I *heart* green tea.
 
Except, recnetly, I decided that I would try the unique concept of Sleeping Later, rather than Getting Up Earlier and Dawdling.  Now, I wake up at 5:45 (instead of between 5:15 & 5:30), immediately take a shower, and start getting on with my day.  The only problem with this is that I don't have time to get my Morning Caffeine Fix.  Bah.
 
Today, I hit on yet another Novel Idea: Take tea bags with me to work.  So, that's what I'm doing.  Sitting here.  Drinking green tea.  And blogging.  Efficient use of work time, no?
 
In other news, yesterday, I did laundry.  And I cooked fried rice.  And I talked to my best friend from college.  And then I went to bed.
 
OMG.  My life is so Fun and Exciting!
 
(At least I have a lot of cool things to look forward to this weekend!  Yay!)
 
Have a great -albeit rainy- day!
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I always bring tea bags to my office. Giving up the morning coffee, though, would be impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because I'm basically cheap, I have a tiny coffee maker on my desk and a box of green tea bags in my cupboard. When I used to go for tea every afternoon with a friend (he's in Australia now so it doesn't really work) I would always take my cup and tea bag to the cafeteria and use their hot water. I refused to pay $1.10 for a tea bag when for $5 I could get 50. See? Cheap.

    Green tea is the only kind I like though. I hate regular tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't do coffee either (same reason, plus I don't like the way it tastes). I've been doing the tea thing (decaf tea) since January. Still trying to acquire a taste for it.

    And also, what are you talking about? Your life is totally fun and exciting (compared to mine - read, exercise, play on computer, sleep, repeat).

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete