Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Today, the Drops Will Dance

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Once upon a time, a very long time ago, I was the poetry editor for my college's literary magazine.  One of the professor's submitted a lovely poem, titled "Pancake Mornings."  I need to find it.  It was all about how her mother would make pancakes and test the skillet by throwing water on it.  When the skillet was ready, the drops would dance.  The poem ended with the professor walking into her classroom thinking "Today, the drops will dance."
 
And, that, my friends, is a good way to think.  I am not quite there yet.  But, I certainly would like some dancing drops today.  Rather than the lacklusterness and bone-aching tiredness that seems to be permeating my being.  At one point, I forgot how to swallow and choked on my tea.
 
It's been that kind of day already (and it's only 8:30).
 
But, enough about today ...
 
Yesterday, I had a lunch date ... with a cute boy.  What is it with all these 28-30 year olds suddenly finding me semi-desirable?  This one (I almost wrote "kid") is 29, turning 30 in August (or September?).  He works in Eastern Market (2 metro stops from my office).  He's also short (5'7").  But cute.  And earnest.  He likes to call himself adventurous.  I'm not quite sure that's the term.  I get the impression that he thinks if he says it often enough it will become true.  I'm not meaning that in a negative way.  A positive (dare I say, adventurous) outlook is a good thing.  We had a good conversation.  I had tomato soup and grilled cheese.  He ordered the reuben.  Which was funny because as he was eating it he said, "You know, I really don't like corned beef."  Oh really?  Why did you order it?  "The chef recommended it to me."
 
Ah.
 
I don't like beets.  I don't care how many chefs recommend them to me.  They still taste like dirt.
 
Really nasty dirt.
 
(and, yes, every now and then, I will sample a beet to see if my tastes have changed.  They have not.  Yet.)
 
So, lunch was fun.  We have another date on the calendar for a week from Saturday (we aren't going out this week because I am heading to New! York! City! for the weekend.  More on that later).
 
THEN, after work, my co-worker and I met a former co-worker (now friend) for happy hour!  Yay happy hour!
 
I got home around 8:30.  blobbed for a bit.  And went to bed.  Good times.
 
Today is laundry day.  AND, as an added bonus, we have New Washing Machines!  Front loading! Energy Efficient!  YAY!
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Finally new washers. Yay you.

    I do like beets, but not Reubens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda zoned out. You want beet pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:41 AM

    Yay for the new washers. Yay for the cute young guy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *sigh* I'm not happy that 30 is young. (We're not old! 40 is the new 30, right?) And I don't like beets. Or corned beef. And I appear to be rather contrary this morning, no? (Heh.)

    -Dr. Liz (the dogs are not contrary - they are happily chewing on rawhide thingys)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for you! Coming! To New York! City!

    I'm getting the beets ready as I write this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont like beets or Ruebens.

    I've found, since I'm over 40, I'm attracting way more guys in their 20's than I did when I was in my 20's or 30's.

    I can't figure it out either, but frankly, as long as they keep coming, I don't care. :)

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll eat your beets for you. Just like I pick the tomatoes out of every salad ever brought to David. I'm helpful that way.

    ReplyDelete