Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Congress is Fucking with My Sex Life

Good morning, kittens.
 
As you may know, there is a bit of a budget battle going on up on the Hill.  And, I am sure you are probably thinking, "Whateverz.  That doesn't affect me at all."  You are right! It probably doesn't.  But, it does affect me!  And, in the overall scheme of things, I'm a little bit more important than you (sorry, just stating a fact *wink*).
 
If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a government contractor.  And, because of the Congress' inability to pull their collective heads out of their collective asses and pass a budget, spending for anything other than "Health and Safety Issues" where I work has been stopped.  [Of course, it is kind of funny to see how people can justify things as "Health and Safety."] 
 
So, you may ask, how is this clusterfuckery of Congress' Continuing Resolution Acts fucking with my sex life?  Well, it's like this ...
 
During the first week of April, I am supposed to be going to Dallas (Texas!) for training.  Last summer, I was in Dallas for a conference.  During that trip, I happened to meet a very hot African-American gentleman.  We managed to arrange our schedules so that we could have one very happy night together (and a couple happy afternoons!).  I was hoping to arrange an encore experience with him.  However, thanks to the lack of funding, I will not be.  My Contracting Officer has decided that me getting laid (and, you know, receiving some crucial -non-sexual- training) is not as important as my coworkers and me getting paid.  He has refused to release my travel funds (even though funding for this training was built into the contract).  Argh!
 
Also, I will not be able to have many yummy margaritas with my Beautiful Texas Ladeeeez, Biddy McBidson, Marathon Mom, and Swanky Mama.  AND, that, my dear kittens, is EVEN WORSE than Congress fucking with my sex life. 
 
I am totally bummed.
 
On the bright side, when I got home yesterday, I had a Surprise Birthday Package!  "Burlesque" on DVD!  OMG!  That was definitely a day-brightener after receiving my horrible travel news.  So, thank you so much for the DVD, Michelle M.  You totally made my day.
 
I did not have pottery class last night (the studio is closed for Spring Break).  Instead, I made an experimental brussels sprouts pasta salad ... which turned out to be quite tasty.
 
I cooked the brussels sprouts using Mark Bittman's recipe, Sauteed Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts.  Except I used cashews instead of hazelnuts and habenero-infused vinegar rather than balsamic vinegar.  Then, I tossed the brussels sprouts and cashews with red onion, carrots, tomatoes, and tri-colored twisty pasta (and a little more oil and vinegar).
 
It came out quite tasty.
 
Then, K-Factor came down.  We had beers, leftover birthday cake, and watched "Burlesque."  Good times!
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Poor baby. Getting travel authorized here is a bit of a bitch too. Although I get to go to Toronto for a week in May and I'm still hoping a slim chance to DC in mid-April, if they need me to be notetaker. BORING, but hey, you. :-) Hope you get it figured out.

    Our budget battles start today in that our budget will be released and depending on if the opposition likes it or not, we may have an election called in the next 5 days. Arrgghh. Oh joy, election ads on TV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bah. Stoopid Congress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Supervisor needs some jello in his stapler.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dammit Congress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved that movie, but the way Cher's face never moves creeps me out a little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. War, the economy, vuboq's travel funds... this country is out of control.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Being a gay man and having Republicans in charge of the House means Congress (or at least that part of it) wants to fuck with sex life in more ways than just funding!

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You neglected to mention that although plans for TX have been quashed, that frees you up to visit me for my housewarming! So much better than sex. At least, that is what I keep telling myself.

    ReplyDelete