Monday, March 21, 2011

Weekend Update: Best Weekend of the Year Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

This is going to be a long-ass post, I think. Four days of Birthday Fun! and Excitement! Woo hoo!

So, Thursday was the Big Day! I turned 41! W00t! I woke up kind of early to go to the MVA to get my driver's license renewed. I couldn't renew by mail because my address needed to be changed. Bah.

So, I get to the MVA Office at 8:45AM. I punch my "reason for visit" into the computer and it spits out my number. As I'm processing the number, it's called out! I went straight to the counter and was out of the MVA, new license in hand, in about 15 minutes. How sweet was that?

I had been planning on being there for at least an hour and a half. With all the extra time, I took myself out for breakfast. Mmmm. Bloody Mary.

After eating, I went home and chilled for awhile before I headed to the pottery studio, where I made this:

photo.JPGCUTE!


After pottery studio, I stopped off at Adega for some wine and eggplant fries. Mmm. Eggplant fries!

Later that evening, SCGB, K-Factor, and Tomokito came down for pizza and beerz. YUM!

All in all, a very good Best Day of the Year!

On Friday, I slept in! Yay! Then, I did party shopping. First, I bought supplies at the Giant. Then, I went to Cowgirl Creamery in DC and bought lots of yummy cheeses. Then, I treated myself to boozy lunch at Zaytinya. Mezze! and Retsina! YAY!

I did more party shopping at Whole Foods - fruit and more cheeses and pretzel bread. Mmm.

I had a relaxing Friday evening at home. Lovely.

Saturday, I cleaned. All day. And, then, I got ready for the party! The theme of the party was "In My Prime" (since, y'know, 41 is a prime number). So, I asked Mike to make the delicious steak cake (it's strawberry inside. tasty!) pictured at the top of the post. Prime beef! And, what goes great with red meat? Red Wine! All the guests brought their favorite red wines and we had a fun little wine-tasting. With cheese. And fruit! 21 friends. 13 bottles of wine opened. Such a good time!

Eventually, I will have pictures. I didn't take any, but my friend, Robert, did. He'll send them to me at some point, I'm sure.

And, on Sunday, one of us was Very Hungover. and Slept Very Late. and did party clean up and sofa blobbing for most of the day. Then, I went for a 3.5 mile run. And around 6PM, a very cute guy who, a few weeks ago, saw me on the bus and contacted me through a dating site with the line "I think I saw you on the bus this evening" came over to watch a movie. He only lives about 5 minutes away. And, did I mention he's very cute (and very young (30))? I would like to see him again, for sure.

And, that was my quick recap of the Best Weekend of the Year! Many thanks to those of you who left Happy Birthday comments, facebook posts, and tweets ... and extra special thanks to those of you who sent me cute cards! and even more special thanks and *smooches* to those of you who sent me presents! I have always said I have the best friends EVER. And, it's true. I do! You all ROCK!

Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I wish my birthday weekends were that awesome and included cute 30 year olds. :-) How romantic, he saw you on the bus. I should so write that into a story. Glad you had fun and that cake looks yummy, if a tad meaty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:14 AM

    What a great weekend! Happy belated Birthday and fabulous about the young hot guy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds wonderful. Wish I could have joined you but I had to sing and dance for a holiday celebration. And I am very remiss in not sending a proper card, so that will be remedied this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun cake! Can't wait to see your birthday pics. Welcome to 41!

    ReplyDelete