Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Why I Love My Commute

Good morning, Kittens.
 
What a morning.  First, my bus was late.  Then, as I was coming down the escalator at Metro Center, I *juuuuuuuuuuuuust* missed a train.  "No worries," I thought, as I checked the signboard.  "There's another train in 3 minutes.  I will only be about 10 minutes late.  Hurrah."
 
Of course, as I waited for that train, three minutes grew to five, which stretched to seven, which became a garbled metro announcement about how McPherson Square station was CLOSED because of smoke in the station and that a shuttle service was being requested.
 
For those of you who are unfamiliar with DC Metro.  McPherson Square is one stop before Metro Center.  Gah.  I texted a co-worker to explain that I would be late and why.  And she texted back "Do you want me to come pick you up?"  Oh, yes pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeze!  On the way to work, we stopped by Starbucks.  Mmmm.  Apple Fritter.
 
Once at work, LINES at Security!  WTF?  Oh, right.  Today is Eastern High School's graduation on the drill floor.  OMG.  Fortunately, one of the security guards saw us and motioned us to the front of the crazylong line.
 
I have to admit I was surprised.  I knew the graduation was today, but I figured it would be this evening.  Since when have high schools started graduating at 830AM? 
 
And that was how my morning started ...  Yesterday evening was much nicer.  I stopped by the Whole Foods on the way home to pick up something for dinner.  Then, I went for a run (3.33 miles according to Gmap Pedometer:  http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3795358).  Once home, I had a cocktail, a shower, and dinner.  Around 9PM, SCGB stopped by for a drink and a chat.  Then, I went to bed.
 
So nice. 
 
Let's hope the rest of this day gets better.  On the plus side, I'm leaving work a bit early to go get my hair did.  Yayz.
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday!  *smooches*

2 comments:

  1. I would think that you would welcome the smoke delay because that legitimizes your lateness. I love when rain causes subway delays, so if I'm running late anyway I can just blame it on subway delays instead of the fact that I just couldn't get my ass out of bed on time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my hair did today too! I think we did the same day last month. We must be have unconsciously synchornized our hair appointments! Much like women who spend a lot of time do with their visits from Aunt Flo. NOT that I really want to know that, but whatever...

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete