Friday, June 11, 2010

And So It Goes ...

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Yesterday, I did laundry.  Yay.  I can haz clean clothes.  Life is good.  Not much else is going on.  I am semi-busy preparing for my work trip to Denver next week.  I'll be there Monday through Thursday at the E2S2 Symposium.  Should be a networky good time. 
 
Work might be slightly busy today because of that.  We'll see ... I am already in a battle with the printer which refuses to print out my document.  Or any document.  Or delete any documents in its memory.  GAH.  And, naturally, the document I am trying to print has been formatted in such a way that I can not save the god damn thing.  Why does everything have to be so complicated?
 
After work, I am going shopping for a swimsuit.  I have (foolishly?) agreed to appear in a bloggery swimsuit calendar, which is kinda funny if you think about it because (1) I don't like to swim, (2) I kind of hate bodies of water - oceans, lakes, rivers, (3) I don't own a decent swimsuit, and (4) I have some major body image issues.  I'll figure something out. I'm toying with a couple of ideas that are sort of funny.  And, SCGB has agreed to be my Official Photographer. 
 
Later this evening, I *may* be meeting Ray to see the 8:30 showing of Ran at the E Street Cinema.  However, I am really tired and not sure if I want to sit through a 2.5 hour movie at that time of night.  Also, Ray was not sure he'd be able to go. I may text him later to see if he would be up for meeting for an early dinner.  Then, I can go home and chill.
 
This weekend is Pride.  I will be heading to the Parade on Saturday, which will be the sum total of my Pride-related activities this year (well, except for all the celebratory sympathy fucks with strangers I will be having*).  On the plus side, I am trying to coordinate a Parade (or Post-Parade) Rendezvous with His Purpleness, PRINCE!!!!!  (OK. Actually, it's Polt.  But, still, purple!)
 
I'm planning on turning it a bit early on Saturday, because on Sunday I need to head over to the pottery studio.  Open studio has started and I need to get my clay on!
 
So, that's it for now.  Have a beautiful day and Happy Pride Weekend!  *smooches*
 
*for those of you who are new to the blog and have not yet grasped my odd sense of humor ... I'm KIDDING. Srsly.  I won't be having tons of celebratory sympathy fucks with strangers this weekend.  I will be having celebratory sympathy fucks with people I know**.
 
**I'm kidding about that too. *sheesh*

8 comments:

  1. I found your blog circuitously but now I'm a fan, er, KITTEN. Yeah, that's me. I'm a kitten. Purrrrrr. Love your sense of humor and the blog title. I used to live in San Francisco and I'm not that far from New Orleans so EVEN THOUGH I NOW LIVE IN HELL (otherwise known as southern Mississippi) I've celebrated Pride for years--we have a gigantic rainbow banner hanging from the eaves of the house but of course all my Tea Party/former KKK neighbors just think it's purty. Celebratory sympathy fucks are the best. Or were the best. I'm married now and that's a whole 'nother story. Come over and visit me sometime, sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, except for all the celebratory sympathy fucks with strangers I will be having,

    I'm just trying to decide on whose side the sympathy lies. :-P Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, Tam.

    You gonna come up for NYC Pride at the end of the month? I've strong-armed Josh into coming with me. Enrico will be, too. We could have fun watching them be appalled for four solid hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for the swimsuit purchases, I feared no one else was still planning on playing. And YAY to a post-Parade Polt (not Prince) meetup! Don't know how long I'll be down there post-Parade, but deffers long enough to find you and get a photo or two!

    Seeya soon,

    HUGS....

    ReplyDelete
  6. VOOOOOOBOX: I can't wait to see what new clay creationz you come up wiff (and send mah way?)!

    David: Rude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fantastic time this weekend! Take plenty of pictures with Polt (and anyone else you meet up with) so I can be totally jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vobuq has all the funz.

    I never get to travel for work. I am not sure how we get anything done?

    Have a great weekend, hope your trilogy is going well!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete