Sunday, June 27, 2010

Weekend Update: Fun and Frustration Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

What a weekend! So many mixed emotions. I feel like soup. Or something. I'm not even sure what that means.

Anyway, Friday, after work, I went up to SCGB's apartment for a little dinner gathering. It was fun; the food was delicious (SCGB made a yummy white sangria. OMG. tasty!), but I was ubercranky. I don't know why, other than work is totally wearing my out. Still, many good laughs were had. And, I *tried* to be pleasant (but not very successfully).

Then, I left the dinner party to go on a "date" with this guy who was in town for the SilverDocs Documentary Film Festival. When I met him, he was traaaaaaaaaaaaaaashed. And, srsly, no thank you. So I returned home and had a cocktail ... which was much more satisfying than spending any more time with him.

Saturday morning, I slept in. When I woke up, I had a text from my friend, Min. 45 minutes after I got out of bed, Min came over for a visit. His father is in the hospital ... right down the street from me. And, has been in that hospital for nearly two weeks. And, Min has been staying there nearly everyday. He filled me in on all the drama, and I told him, if he wanted, I could give him my spare set of keys and he could hang out here when he needs a break. Hopefully, his father is going to be discharged soon, so it probably isn't necessary. I wish I had known he was here sooner though.

After Min left, I decided that I needed some retail therapy. I need a new pair of shorts for the Summer. After scouring Marshalls and Burlington Coat Factory, I think I found (and bought) the only pair of 29 waist shorts in all of Silver Spring. See? Cute, no?

Saturday evening, I was supposed to go a BBQ in the far-out suburbs of Maryland. However, I couldn't find a ride. And I couldn't get in touch with the host to arrange a ride. I only have his email and he wasn't responding. Wah.

Instead, Tomokito came down and we had margaritas (YAY!) and watched Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar. Tomokito had never seen To Wong Foo before ... and, c'mon, she had to! It's like Gay Canon ... practically.

Sunday morning, I woke up Bright and Early and met Tam the Fabulous Canadian for brunch. And, yes, she is Fabulous. and you all should be extreeeeeeeeeeeeeeemely jealous (except of course those of you who have already met her). Here we are, the Preppy People:

We parted after brunch, and I went to the pottery studio. And here's the thing: Getting to the studio on Sundays is a huge pain in the ass. It is hot (hello, 98+ degrees). AND, the University, in its infinite wisdom, has decided to save money by not running the free shuttle from the College Park Metro Station to the University on Sundays this summer. Which means, I have to walk. About 15-20 minutes. In the SuperHeat. Not. Fun.

Around 1PM, when my drippy sweaty messy self finally gets to the Student Union, I see one of my classmates and he says, "Turn around." Um. What? The student worker who is supposed to open the studio (Sunday hours: Noon - 5) never showed up. GAH. My classmate said they tried calling people, but couldn't get in touch with anyone.

So, I bought a bottle of water from the Student Union convenience store and walked back to the metro station. Let's just say I was H-O-T. Literally and figuratively. And, that a certain organization may be getting a slightly irate email on Monday morning.

The whole pottery issue is exacerbated by the fact that the studio will be closed next week for the holiday. And I have several pieces that, if I don't work on them soon, will be too dry to finish. ACK.

So, I came home and fixed myself a blueberry margarita (pictured above). Yum. And, after more water, more margarita, and a nap, all seems to be better.

Later, I will be doing my ironing for the week (*ugh*) and possibly having more margaritas.

Have a wonderful Monday (tomorrow!).
*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. Ugh. Sorry your pottery studio didn't work out. What a pain. It was super to see you and look forward to seeing you again in July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen "To Wong Foo..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!!!!!!!!! SOOOOOOOO JELLERZZZZZZZZ!

    ReplyDelete