Weekend Update: No Dates, but Still Fun Edition
Good morning, kittens!
Hallelujah, it's a short week. only 3 days of work. Yay! Love it!
So, the weekend ... lessee. Friday night, I stayed in and had cocktails with Peter and Tomoko. That was fun. Then, on Saturday, we had Co-op Yard Work Day to rake leaves. After that, I went to the grocery store. And, I made Candy Cane Vodka (finished product). Later, I spoke with the Young'un and learned that we wouldn't be having out date. He has a sinus infection and wasn't feeling well. Boo. *sad face* ... Instead, I got to have dinner with K-Factor and the Canadian. We went to Adega. And drank a lot of wine. Then, we came back to my place and drank prosecco and watched Moulin Rouge. After they left, I watched A Single Man, which was pretty durn awesome (although sad).
Sunday, K-Factor and I went to the pottery studio. I had two completed pieces (they are gifts, so no pictures yet). Also, K-Factor found a mug that I had made and completely forgotten about, so I glazed that one. Yay. I have a lot of things in the kiln right now: the aforementioned forgotten mug, two wedding presents, a large oval bowl, and a vase. I may go pick them up on Wednesday after work (if I have time).
Once home, I had to go back to the Whole Foods to pick up a few things I forgot. Then, Carolyn called and we met at El Golfo for dinner. Mmmm. Spinach Enchiladas. Once home, I goofed around for a bit and went to bed.
So exciting is my life.
Not much going on today (no more pottery class until next year. *sigh*). I guess I will do a little cleaning and tidying when I get home. Fun times.
Have a great day! *smooches*
My work week ends tomorrow morning. Except for the locum shift I picked up for Wed. But that's fine, since USDA will be calling me tomorrow morning to beg me to work for tham.
ReplyDeleteI'm jealous of y'all who get a 3-day work week, PLUS turkey (or tofurkey, but I'm not jealous of that).
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your short week.
2 day work week for me! woot!
ReplyDeleteThree day week, but we found out we get to leave early on Wed.
ReplyDeleteDamn being self-employed!!! I'd love to get a short work week and still get paid. Oh, wait, we're not making any money anyway, so it's not like I'm getting paid for the days I DO work.... *sigh* (Yes, being self-employed is totally like being unemployed except that there is more stress and less watching of TV series on DVD...)
ReplyDelete-Dr. Liz (not Fiona the dog, who considers herself to be well employed as a foot-warmer at the moment)