Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Week Update: Michigan Editigan

Good Morning, Kittens!

I am back from a fabulous few booze- and food-filled days visiting my fantastic cousin (and cousin-in-law) *and* GayProf in the Great Frozen Tundra ... where actually (and luckily) it was quite mild, temperature-wise.

My arrival to the Frozen Tundra was uneventful. Suzanne picked me up at the airport around noon. I was still in the throes of the Worst Cold Ever, so we worked on rearranging our plans to hang out in Detroit that evening. Instead, Detroit came to us! Several of Suzanne and GayProf's friends joined us for dinner. We made chili. GayProf brought cornbread. We drank LOTS of wine.

On Sunday, Suzanne and I wandered around the town. We ate lunch/brunch at Seva, a vegetarian restaurant. And, then, toured Suzanne's workplace, the Kelsey Museum. (They've recently undergone a HUGE renovation project ... and need to update their website).

Later that afternoon, GayProf came over and we had cocktails (!) and played this superfun game, RoboRally. I am totally getting that game for my brother for Xmas. Then, we had dinner. And lots of wine.

Monday, Suzanne and I chilled and did stuff. Like, y'know, talking and reading each other's tarot. Then, we walked over to GayProf's house and we made tamales!

On the way to his house, we walked by this amazing chickenwire leaf objet d'art ...

GayProf had done all the prep work for the tamales ...



So all Suzanne and I (and GayProf helped, too) had to do was assemble them. Easy! Fun!



Especially with Chef's Little Helper!



After assembly, they had to steam for an hour or so.



Then, we ate them. With friends! Nomz. And may have had lots and lots of wine.

Tuesday, I spent the morning reading and relaxing. GayProf picked me up around noon to drive to the airport. Once there, I discovered my flight was going to be delayed by several hours. Ugh. Of course, I had signed up for text alerts. As I was complaining via text to GayProf about this, the text alert *finally* came through. Thanks for the notice, Southwest.

So, what does one do with several hours to kill in an airport?

What else can one do when his flight is delayed over 2 hours?duh


Eventually, we were all boarded and we headed off into the sunset ... or whatever.


*smooches*

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a fun time. I've never made tamales because they look like entirely too much work. Yummy when someone else does the work though. I saw you got home late last night. What a long day. Traveling, even when it involves sitting in an aiport reading and drinking is exhausting. Hope you are feeling better too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:13 AM

    Sounds like a blast. All the wine drinking-yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So.Much.Wine. on Saturday. Ooof.

    It's always fun to hang out with VUBOQ! Now I really need to get to DC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I <3 GayProf's apron. And I totally need to get him to move back to Boston, so then you could come visit both of us. Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to remember not to read your blog when I'm hungry. Or thirsty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel so left out. Tamales with Gayprof!? The jealousy, she is killing me. I haven't been to DC since I was 17. Hintz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. CUTE CHILLY KITTEN-CAT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. yer cuzin3:30 PM

    Dude. Here is the Kelsey Museum's actual website. http://www.lsa.umich.edu/kelsey

    ReplyDelete