Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The First Day Back is Always the Worst

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I'm getting back into the swing of things at work.  I still wish I were on vacation.  And, now that I've been on the job for a year, I'm formulating a plan to be out of this job in a year or so ... if I can hold onto it for that long.  Maybe at some point I'll decide what I want to do when I grow up ... if I grow up.  Step 1: Update the old resume and Network Network Network.
 
Anyway, there was a cloud over work yesterday.  One of the soldiers unexpectedly passed away over the weekend. People moved around in a fog and work wasn't really getting done.  I didn't know her, but had seen her around the building from time to time. I doubt the rain today will improve the gloom.
 
After work, I rushed home to get ready for pottery class. K-Factor is on work travel, so she couldn't drive us there.  It was the last class, so I didn't have much to do.  I could have done some hand-building, but wasn't in the mood.  Instead, I glazed a vase, a bowl, a plate, and 2 wedding presents.  Another bowl and a platter were in the kiln being glaze fired.  Maybe I can get them all back next week.  That would be awesome.  I did get another finished mug.  SCGB drove me home.  Yay!
 
Once home, I intended to have a quick snack and go to bed; however, the evils of the internet sucked me in and I was up until nearly 11.  Ugh.  I am draggy this morning.
 
Not much exciting going on today.  I have a lunch meeting in Alexandria.  And, no evening plans.  I guess I will try to get caught up on some housework.  My after work running plans will probably not happen because of the rain.  I don't like running in the rain.  Maybe I should consider joining the gym. 
 
Also no plans to see the guy from last week.  We text quite a bit, but he hasn't indicated a time he can meet up again.  So, I sit here pining away ... and not being productive.
 
Such is my lot.
 
Sorry for the rambling post.  I must be in a mood.
 
*smooches*
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm... if you figure out what you wanna be when you grow up, let me know. I need some ideas. Filthy rich doesn't seem to be panning out for me.

    Hope things are brighter tomorrow
    : ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pining is for the forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri10:11 AM

    Really. I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. I could use some ideas.

    ReplyDelete