Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Excitement

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Yesterday was quite the day.  After lunch, I decided to check my bank account to see if I check I had written had cleared.  And, SURPRISE!, I had completely forgotten about my student loan payment coming out.  So, my bank account was at $19.86.  Which would be fine, except the check was for $20.  And had been cashed that morning.  Normally, when my checking account is getting low, I simply transfer money from my ING Direct savings account.  However, that can take up to two business days. Too much time to prevent a check from rubberizing.
 
Luckily, I happened to have $40 in cash on me, so I left work and hoofed it to the nearest bank (3 metro stops away).  I made it.  The check cleared late last night.  Hurrah.
 
and *whew*
 
After work, I went to the pottery studio to pick up some glazed pieces: 2 platter/bowl things, 1 large-ish bowl, 1 vase, and a mug.  I still have one plate that needs to be glaze-fired.  Picking up the pottery took a lot less time than I thought it would, so -even though I was meeting my friend, CJ, at 7:45- I still had time to go home first.  Yay.
 
And, good thing I did!  I had a package waiting for me!  A friend of mine in California sent me a bottle of delicious newly pressed extra virgin olive oil and some linen coasters as a thank you gift for the scarf I knit for him.  Yay!  I am so excited about the olive oil.  I may buy some bread on the way home tonight and have some for dinner.
 
Then, I met CJ at Mi Rancho and ate lots and lots of cheesy enchiladas.  mmmm.  Tasty.
 
All in all, a busy good day.
 
Today is going to be equally as crazy.  I have a presentation later this morning. And I have a boatload of errands to run - buy catfood, return cardigan, check on the Washington Sports Club in downtown Silver Spring. 
 
*whew*  I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

2 comments:

  1. oh, your yesterday sounds just like my today!

    I had to put all my rainy day money in the bank because I thought that December started tomorrow but it is today, which means mortgage comes out a day before I get paid. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Olive oil and bread. Delicious! Don't forget the balsamic vinegar : ).

    ReplyDelete