Monday, November 22, 2010

Weekend Update: No Dates, but Still Fun Edition

Good morning, kittens!
 
Hallelujah, it's a short week.  only 3 days of work.  Yay!  Love it!
 
So, the weekend ... lessee.  Friday night, I stayed in and had cocktails with Peter and Tomoko.  That was fun.  Then, on Saturday, we had Co-op Yard Work Day to rake leaves.  After that, I went to the grocery store.  And, I made Candy Cane Vodka (finished product).  Later, I spoke with the Young'un and learned that we wouldn't be having out date.  He has a sinus infection and wasn't feeling well. Boo.  *sad face* ... Instead, I got to have dinner with K-Factor and the Canadian.  We went to Adega.  And drank a lot of wine.  Then, we came back to my place and drank prosecco and watched Moulin Rouge.  After they left, I watched A Single Man, which was pretty durn awesome (although sad).
 
Sunday, K-Factor and I went to the pottery studio.  I had two completed pieces (they are gifts, so no pictures yet).  Also, K-Factor found a mug that I had made and completely forgotten about, so I glazed that one.  Yay.  I have a lot of things in the kiln right now: the aforementioned forgotten mug, two wedding presents, a large oval bowl, and a vase.  I may go pick them up on Wednesday after work (if I have time).
 
Once home, I had to go back to the Whole Foods to pick up a few things I forgot.  Then, Carolyn called and we met at El Golfo for dinner.  Mmmm.  Spinach Enchiladas. Once home, I goofed around for a bit and went to bed. 
 
So exciting is my life.
 
Not much going on today (no more pottery class until next year.  *sigh*).  I guess I will do a little cleaning and tidying when I get home.  Fun times.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. My work week ends tomorrow morning. Except for the locum shift I picked up for Wed. But that's fine, since USDA will be calling me tomorrow morning to beg me to work for tham.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous of y'all who get a 3-day work week, PLUS turkey (or tofurkey, but I'm not jealous of that).

    Enjoy your short week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:11 AM

    2 day work week for me! woot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three day week, but we found out we get to leave early on Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn being self-employed!!! I'd love to get a short work week and still get paid. Oh, wait, we're not making any money anyway, so it's not like I'm getting paid for the days I DO work.... *sigh* (Yes, being self-employed is totally like being unemployed except that there is more stress and less watching of TV series on DVD...)

    -Dr. Liz (not Fiona the dog, who considers herself to be well employed as a foot-warmer at the moment)

    ReplyDelete