Friday, November 19, 2010

Friday. At Last.

Good morning, kittens!
 
My date yesterday was a bit of a bust.  Boo. He got caught up in a meeting.  Of course, he didn't tell me this until 30 minutes after we were supposed to meet ... using the old "my cell phone battery died" excuse.  hello? who hasn't used that one before?  So, then, I was like, Fine.  I'm going home.  [I did get a very apologetic text much later in the evening ... ]
 
On the way home, I bought a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau.  Hurrah.  It was fruity and delicious. When I got home, I had two packages waiting for me.  The first was from my parents.  It was filled with yummy baked goods and a gift card to Whole Foods.  Something about my 5th anniversary of home ownership.  Has it really been five years?  i've lived with that crappy kitchen for FIVE years?  *sigh*
 
Anyway, the second package was the clothes I ordered from Macy's.  Dark blue Hilfiger cords and two cardigans.  One cardigan I am going to return because it seems poorly made.  The other one I am still debating.  I'm not sure if I am a fan of the epaulets.  Here's a picture of me in the cords and questionable cardigan.  What do you think?
 
Not much going on this weekend (yet).  Tonight, I'm cleaning and cooking and maybe watching a DVD (I got "A Single Man" from Netflix yesterday).  And, I need to start my experimental seasonal vodka infusion - Candy Cane Vodka!  Yum?  Tomorrow is Yard Work Day.  Raking!  Cleaning!  Fun!  And, then, I need to go for a run.  The Turkey Chase 10K is less than a week away.  Saturday night, I *think* the Young'un is coming over.  At least, I hope he is.  We haven't really confirmed anything.  No plans for Sunday, although I might go to the pottery studio to see if I have anything to pick up.
 
And there you have it. 
 
Happy Friday!  And have a great day!
*smooches*

7 comments:

  1. Candy Cane vodka! Need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:00 AM

    The cardigan looks good. Make sure you are happy with the quality tho. Candy cane vodka, yum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything has epaulets these days. Not sure why.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you like Single Man? I want to see it; haven't yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I somehow own 3-4 cardigans which I have no idea how I came into possession of. We can be twinz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your 5th year.

    I am stealing the candy can vodka idea.

    ReplyDelete