Friday, November 12, 2010

No One Reads Blogs on Friday Evening. Except Maybe Me.

Good Evening, Kittens!

I totally meant to post this morning ... except -well- I had a "visitor." Remember how I mentioned previously that I was stood up? Or, (after reading my last post) maybe I didn't. Perhaps, it was on Twitter.

Hm. Or maybe I didn't there either. ANYWAY, Wednesday evening, I was supposed to have a date. But he never showed. Yesterday though, he texted and had a Very Good Excuse. Trust me.

SO, I invited him over last night. He was having dinner with friends and drove over after that. We talked and watched a movie. And then we made out.

And we ended up having a little happy sleepover.

(And, just so you don't think I fall into bed with every guy on the first date (which I don't), I have been chatting with this guy since early May. But he was out west and only recently moved back to the Old Line State.)

Yeah. So it was fun. I see there being some potential. Also some potential problems. But, whatever. We're going to let it ride ... and see if there will be a second date.

After he left (hm. I may have to come up with a nickname at some point), I headed into DC to meet the Most Fabulous ShallowGal for lunch and to deliver her prize (see photo above). If you remember, she won First Prize in the Show Me Your Best Mug Shot contest. (Michelle M. won Second Prize. I still haven't chosen the 3rd and 4th Prize Winners. What can I say? I'm slow.)

We had lunch at Busboys and Poets. It was delicious. And, there was some delicious Eye Candy ... and surreptitiously taking a picture of it was an adventure in hilarity. "OK, ShallowGal. I'm going to pretend to take a picture of you, but I'm really going to be taking pictures of Mr. Yummilicious over there."

This is the best one we got:

1112101313.jpgHe's the one on the right. Although the guy on the left wasn't so bad either ...


After lunch, ShallowGal and I parted ways. *sniff* I came home and took a nap. Naps are awesome.

Now, I am having a martini.

Unfortunately, I don't have many exciting plans for this weekend. Lots of cleaning and organizing. Lunch with Tomokito. A run. Game Night with Mike (Who Makes Cakes). And that's about it.

Have a great weekend! *smooches*

6 comments:

  1. For the record, I read blogs on Friday nights... ;-)

    -Dr. Liz (not Fiona the dog)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't you up to, like, NNB with your whole letter assignment thing by now? ;-)

    And yes, they were both quite nice. Given the option, I'd probably pick Mr. On-the-left first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur. Either would suit me just fine! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wouldn't it be funny if one of them discovered this shot? Stranger things have happened. And sex on the first date is fine. And very helpful for deciding on the second date. Whore. (kidding)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and La Shallow without Bossy, hate that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. rn terri10:06 AM

    I agree with tornwordo, sex on the first date can help determine things... ;-)

    ReplyDelete