Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Update: Opera Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

Sunday morning, I implemented Stage 1 of my new running plan. The Marine Corps Marathon 10K is rapidly approaching, and I am nowhere near ready. So, I decided that on the weekend, I would run/walk the 6 miles, gradually increasing the distance I was running. This time, I ran maybe 4 or 4.5 miles and walked the rest. It took me about an hour and 15 minutes. And my knees hurt. *ugh*

But, enough of that, I know you are dying to read all about my adventures at Opera in the Outfield and the viewing of the simulcast of Verdi's A Masked Ball. Well, it was sunny and warm. But there was a cool breeze. And several of my friends backed out of going. Fortunately, the important people showed up ...





After the opera, D and I went to Austin Grill in Penn Quarter for dinner. Then, I came home. So very tired. Sitting out in the sun all day is EXHAUSTING.

Have a great day! *smooches*

No comments:

Post a Comment