Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Hanging in There

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Not much going on here.  I am still sick-ish.  Coughing.  Hacking.  Sore throat.  So much fun.  I feel better than before, but night time is the worse.  I usually take some NyQuil before bed and that helps me sleep.  But, last night, after spending a couple of hours in the dusty clay-filled pottery studio, I couldn't stop coughing.  so, I took an additional hit of the NyQuil.  Bad.  Idea.  Someone slept through his alarm this morning and woke up at 7AM.  Considering I have to be at work at 7:45 and it takes about an hour to get to my office, this was not a good thing.
 
I made it in around 8:40.  Not too shabby.  I had good bus/train karma, which helped.
 
Pottery studio was good.  I trimmed 5 things - two cup-like things (which were too dry to attach handles) and three mugs.  Fun times.
 
Tonight, D is supposed to be coming over for dinner and a movie.  I don't know if he'll want to sleep over or not, especially with my coughyhackiness.  We'll see.  I'm making chana masala (curried chickpeas), using a recipe that I got from either Dykewife or Goblinbox.  I can't remember.  It looks easy and I have most of the ingredients on hand.  Plus, the chili sauce I made should be ready.  I think that might be tasty on it.  We'll see.
 
And we're going to watch a Bollywood film a friend recommended to me a LONG time ago: Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (which I think is "Sometimes Happy, Sometimes Sad").
 
Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. I hate the coughing at night thing. I asked my doctor once why the coughing is always worse when you want to sleep and she shrugged her shoulders. Gee, thanks for that scientific explanation. Mojo that you feel better soon. Dinner sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? No Glee?!

    The masala and movie sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope date night happens and that you are feeling better for it.

    ReplyDelete