Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Playing with Fire

Good morning, my sweet sweet kittens.
 
It would seem that I have been burned.  D was recovering from a cold this weekend.  I figured he was well enough that I wouldn't catch it.  He warned me.  I didn't listen.  What can I say?  I wanted a little lip action.
 
This morning, I woke up with a sore throat, swollen uvula, and groggy head stuffiness.  I immediately leapt into action - slicing ginger and lemons, boiling water, sprinking in chili powder, to make this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/enviroboi/5011088555/
 
Mmmm.  Ginger lemon tea.  Delicious.  Perhaps the effects are merely psychological, but drinking it does make me feel a bit better.  I am going to get lots of rest tonight (after a stop by the Whole Foods on the way home).  Drink juice.  Take vitamins.  Eat vegetables.  Get better.  That is my goal.
 
In other news, pottery class last night was quite good.  I was feeling a bit drained so I didn't want to throw any large pieces.  Instead, I made 3 small mugs and a (*ahem* cereal *cough*) bowl.  I am planning to go to the studio on Sunday so I can trim and make handles.  I really need to practice making handles.  I also need to make a couple of wedding gifts.  And Christmas presents.  Fun times.
 
And, there you have it.  Have a great day!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:06 AM

    Hopefully you don't get completely ill!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colds suck. Even if getting them was pleasant. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, love means sharing, doesn't it? Hope you feel better soon. You know what kills those cold germs best? Likker!

    ReplyDelete