Saturday, September 18, 2010

I Should Be Cleaning

Good Saturday Afternoon, my sweet, sweet kittens!

I should be cleaning right now, but I realized that I haven't blogged about my life. And that is *so* much more important that doing the housecleaning. Right?

Work has been a Basket Full of Insanity. I am trying to stay out of the swirling eddies of gossip, misinformation, and distrust. Head down. Eyes open. And get the job done. Which for me, right now, means planning for Energy Awareness Month (October) and gathering data for the end of the fiscal year reports. Fun. Times. Srsly. Next week, I have to be ubermotivated. Fingers crossed that it will happen.

I've got a pretty awesome weekend so far underway.

Yesterday, after work, I rushed home (if one defines "rush" as "the metro ride takes about an 45 minutes longer than usual because of a train with mechanical problems at Fort Totten Station and having to offload the train I was on at New York Avenue"), changed clothes, got my stuff together, and headed to Cheverly to hang out with D. Mmhm. We had a sleepover. Well, first we went out for dinner (Thai food. Yum). Then, we had a sleepover (if one defines "sleepover" as "not really getting much sleep"). He drove me home around 10 this morning. Tired, but happy.

I don't have any plans for today. I was supposed to go to this uberfunky hippy wedding on a farm out in Maryland. I have a ride there, but no ride back. Thus, I am not going. Instead, I will be cleaning. Around 2ish, Tomokito is heading down for cocktails. At some point, I hope to nap. And maybe go for a run. And tonight, I will blob on the sofa and knit.

Tomorrow is Opera on the Outfield! D and I will be hanging out with ShallowGal and her posse, as well as SCGB and his beau (I think they are coming), SCGB's former roommate, the German, Maura (his wife), and (hopefully) a friend we met at the German and Maura's wedding, Dr. Emily. I can't wait. It should be so much fun. Free opera! Beer! The ShallowPosse! OMG.

And, that will be my fun-filled and exciting weekend. Hope yours will be equally as AWESOME!

*smooches*

PS. and *extra-special smooches* to Lora for pointing out that yesterday was my Half Birthday. 40 1/2. Joy. I'm sure I don't look a day over 40 1/4.

5 comments:

  1. I would have sworn that said OPRAH on the Outfield. And I was surprised you were so excited about Oprah. My mistake.

    So I'm assuming your fears were unfounded about D? You sound perky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tam I wouldn't say entirely unfounded. There are almost always some issues with the first sleepover. Room for improvement, but definitely not a disaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing as Tam! What is Oprah doing in the outfield? Oh well. I guess opera is just as good. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:50 AM

    I was on that train that got offloaded. You were reading your Nook and wearing fabulous boots. I was too shy to say hello.

    -Fan/metro stalker

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg secret stalker! ALWAYS out yourself! Always!

    And half birthdays are just as important as whole birthdays. You made it halfway through the year and you only have half a year to go before your next birthday! hooray!

    I love birthdays.

    ReplyDelete