Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Calla Lilies are in Bloom Again

Good Morning, Kittens.

And, so, the sickness is washing over me again. WTF? Why am I so germ-susceptible recently? Grrr. It maketh me sad, because I will probably be having to cancel my little movie/dinner night with D. *le sigh*

My wonderful neighbor, K-Factor, had to go out of town for work. Before leaving, she asked me if I could plant sit for her. Of course, I said yes. She said she'd leave them by my door. Tuesday morning, when I opened the door, there were two vases of beautiful flowers. "Plant sit?" I texted, "More like Flower enjoy!"

Work yesterday was not fun. I felt gross and sick all day (until I left at 3PM to come home and nap). The highlight of the day (besides having my new ID made) had to be this.

Rat in the trash! Rat in the trash!

It couldn't get out and kept jumping up. Ewwwwz.

ANYWAY, once home (after a stop to pick up cold-fighting fruits and veggies at Whole Foods), I saw the calla lilies and was reminded of this:



Ah ... Katherine Hepburn. Such a strange flower.

Have a great day! Send me some get better vibes.
*germy smooches*

6 comments:

  1. rn terri10:08 AM

    Sending health vibes your way. I had a mouse in my DESK last week, I do not do mice. Now I have a lovely mouse box/trap under my computer desk and I spend the entire day jumping at every sound..... LOVE my job...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might have been compelled to help the rat out. Not sure why, but I felt sorry for him just reading your story. Sigh.

    Mojo for feeling better soon. Icky germs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just don't let Psycho Kitteh chew on the callas. They're moderately toxic.

    Blogger is giving me Latinified verification words today. First attempt at this was "rationi". Now it's "incho".

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Callas are pretty. They are one of my favorites.

    Like Tam, I would have been compelled to help Mr. Rat out of the trash can. Poor, dirty little guy.

    Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack rat!! Although I had two as pets when I was younger.

    I love to quote that line (with a horrible KH accent)whenever I see a calla lily.

    ReplyDelete
  6. eek! a rat!

    I had a pet rat too. She had more personality than our dog. Who was full of personality. Who knew rats could be sweet?

    Also, I read a bunch of biographical stuff on KatHep for a class I took, and WOW. Just, wow.

    ReplyDelete