Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Saga Continues ...

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
Yesterday was not a good day.  Rather than getting the shit-ton of work I have to do by today, I spent most of the day fretting about what to do regarding D.  In the end (around dinner time), I sent a nicely worded text similar to what Tam suggested.  Then, I waited.  And waited.  And waited.
 
I knitted.  I ate chips and salsa.  I watched a DVD.
 
Then, I went to bed.
 
I did not sleep well.  Even with the NyQuil, I woke up several times coughing and hacking.  *ugh*
 
Around 3AM, I noticed I had a text from D.  He had sent it around midnight.  It read that he was sorry but he has had to work until 11PM the past two nights, that he's in a life crisis and needs a change, that he doesn't want to be negative, but he's not in a good space at the moment.
 
This morning, I replied, "OK. I know things will get better for you.  Hang in there! I like you a lot, so let me know when you feel like going out again."
 
Ball.  Meet D's court.
 
And, the Autumn of Aloneness begins ...
 
Have a great (rainy, if you're in the DC/Metro Area at least) day!
 
*smooches*

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:59 AM

    sounds like you like this guy, and at least he was polite enough to send an explanation, but at the same time, he doesn't sound ready for a relationship. you did the mature/right thing! go vuboq, go!

    - scgb's s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe he will pull it together. In the meantime, it can be the Autumn of Adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:20 AM

    You did good. Maybe he will get it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry work sux. Hope you get better soon.

    Glad D was respectful, you more than deserve it.

    hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm rooting for the Autumn of Adventure thing, myself. In the meantime, feel better.

    -Dr. Liz (and not Fiona the dog)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you handled that perfectly. I like GayProf's "Autumn of Adventure".

    Having a great, rainy (and thundery) day out here, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad he had least didn't leave you hanging forever. Still too long, but I would have had to hunt him down and kick his ass if he totally ignored you. Hope he can get his shit together and be a good boyfriend.

    Loved your bulletin board.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, his response, while ill timed, was fairly mature and seems honest. That doesn't mean it doesn't suck. Sorry this isn't working out better, but do hope it improves to an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve tried all sorts of coughing syrups, believe me, but none of them helps. Even though Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm does not eliminates the cough I like to stick to this chinese syrup I’ve been taking since I was a kid: Nin Jiom Pei Pa Koa. My grandfather is chinese, so I guess my mom got the advice from him. I was really surprised when I found that chinese market selling it here in Belgium. It does have a refreshing, soothing, sweetening effect…as long as it lasts…then back to coughing mode.

    ReplyDelete