Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday. Srsly. Who Knew?

Good afternoon, kittens.
 
After a hectic morning (missing the bus! Red Line delays! crazy work email!  phone calls!  explosions!  earthquakes! smog!), my afternoon has settled down considerably.  Hurrah.  Of course, I spent most of the morning thinking that today is Tuesday and not worried about a couple of deadlines.
 
Oh, yeah, oops.  Not Tuesday.  Deadlines?  One day closer!  ACK!
 
Yesterday, I was a total blob ... which was lovely.  Around 1ish, SCGB headed up to Adega for a boozy lunch.  Yay boozy lunch!  Then, we went to the likker store (yay likker store!) and the Whole Foods. 
 
Once home, more blobbing on the sofa.  I ended up watching the first 5 (or 6?) episodes of Mad Men Season 3.  I'm trying to remember the last one I saw.  It was either the one in which Betty had the baby or the one after that episode.  I guess I'll figure it out if I watch more tonight.  I forget how good that show is.  I could watch it all the time.
 
In other news, I've been carrying on a fun little on-line/text flirtation with a guy in Arizona.  I know.  What up with that?  He is actually from Maryland and will be moving back here in 3 or 4 months.  He's in the military.  And cute.  And, um, a little young (but legal!).  We may be meeting up when I fly out to Denver for a conference in a couple of weeks (if he can get some time off).  Anyway, more on this as it develops, I'm sure.  Let's just hope it doesn't end up like the guy I met from Tulsa, Oklahoma (luuuuuzer).
 
Oh, and I talked briefly with Mike (Who Makes Cakes) last night.  His and Tomokito's birthday party is coming up (on Friday!).  In the course of our conversation, he said he ran into Mr. NAFAIOT in front of the Whole foods.  Mr. NAFAIOT started telling him all these bad things about me (true? not true?  I have no idea) and how it was all my fault the relationship ended (and I suppose how I'm to blame for him dumping me and his refusing to repay me for the plane ticket).  Mike said he just told him that he doesn't want to hear about the relationship demise.  It's true.  I don't even want to hear about.  So why am I talking about it here?  No idea.  Nothing else to write, I guess.
 
OK.  That's it.  I am so ready to go home for the day (and do laundry.  yay).
 
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. It isn't Tuesday? Now I'm having deadline freak outs. It's contagious!

    Next time you see Mr. NAFAIOT you should throw your drink in his face (except that might be a waste of a good drink -- throw his drink in his face instead).

    Mad Men is always teh awesome! You remember it as being good, and then you watch it again and you realize that your memories didn't do it justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for Mike. Classy. NAFAIOT != classy.
    Ugh. I wish it were Friday. Househunting for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS - I love your purple sass explosion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What does Mike Who Makes Cakes bake himself for his own birthday?

    ReplyDelete