Wednesday, May 12, 2010

True Colors

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
So, I had a much longer post planned, but have just learned that the All Day Meeting I'm supposed to attend starts 15 minutes ago.
 
Here's the abbreviated version, which I will update later:
 
As you may remember, Mr, Not-Quite-As-Fantastic-As-I-Originally-Thought and I were supposed to go to a wedding in a couple of weeks.  SCGB, who is also going to the wedding purchased all our tickets. 
 
I emailed Mr. NQAFAIOT (because he wasn't answering my calls):
 
We need to talk about the plane ticket to Tampa that SCGB bought for you.  I thought I'd give you a head's up so you can think about what you want to do and I will call you tomorrow (Tuesday) evening.  Your ticket was $191.  I'm pretty sure you can change the dates (for a fee), but I'll find out all that information before we talk.

--steven
 
I got his response this morning:
 
Steven. You're kidding, right? You can't be that dumb! You have to know what I'm about to tell you.
If you had let me buy my own ticket when I offered instead of going ahead and letting your SCGB do it, you wouldn't now be in this predicament. Oh and since you have made no effort to continue a friendship or be an acquaintance (this is your own choice), why would I want to go with you or ever purchase the ticket? Why don't you find someone else who wants to share a room and a bed with you. Oh that's right, you have SCGB--well at least for sharing the room. And maybe in the future, if I'm ready to overlook this obvious attempt at humor, I'll give you a call.
 
Cheers.
 
I responded:
 
Somehow, I expected better from you ...

I'm sorry that, when I told SCGB to buy our tickets, I thought it would be easier to purchase them all together.  I didn't foresee you ending our relationship before the trip.  Perhaps, since I am so dumb, you should have been more insistent.  Fortunately, I am not in a "predicament" as you so kindly put it.   I will pay for your ticket and chalk it up to yet another Life Lesson.

Enjoy your path.
 
---
 
AND, there you have it.  I have *so* much more commentary, but I don't have the time to type it all up.  Needless to say, *ugh*
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

13 comments:

  1. What a jerk! What a condescending jerk! May evil things befall him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ugh. so assholian.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, I'm sorry. Well, we have established that he did you favors by removing his not-nearly-fastastic-self from your presence. What a tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oy! The trevails of the gay are as insistent as the trevails of the straight.

    (my word verification = crojectr, is this when you show a movie from your crotch?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dude has serious issues. a jerk indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How old are we(he)??? Regardless of who bought the ticket, he should hold up his end of it since it appears he was willing to go.

    Is it really necessary to be an ass over $191 or even a portion of it at this age? GAWD.

    I can think of more people that would share a room and a bed with you than him......IJS.....

    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. rn terri12:54 PM

    What a creep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh. Disappointing. And childish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh indeed. That was awful. You responded, though, with much aplomb.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes me sad, as do most of these comments because I really liked him. However, I love you, and I'm proud of your response.

    xoxo, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice. Blaming you for this predicament. Oh and he dumps you but you're supposed to stay all chummy with him? I want to wring his neck!

    Oh and on your 10 of 12, what exactly is a Vegan Tuna ? A truer oxymoron there never was.

    ReplyDelete