Friday, May 28, 2010

Excitement

Good Morning, Kittens! 
 
Who's ready for the Holiday Weekend?  I know I am. 
 
Yesterday was such an adventure.  I spent most of the morning conducting a water audit and exploring the bathrooms of my work site.  Stinky.  Then, I scarfed down lunch and metro'ed to Franconia-forking-Springfield for a meeting at my corporate HQ.  It was fine ... if a bit long.  and tedious.
 
The trip home?  Awful.  Even on a perfect day, the ride from Franconia-forking-Springfield to Silver Spring takes forever.  Yesterday's journey was made Extra-Special because my train went out of service at Brookland.  F to the U to the C to the K.  So, even though I left an hour earlier than I normally leave, I still got home at about the same time. Gah.
 
Once home, I decompressed for a bit.  Then, I went for a run - approximately 3.5 miles in about 40 minutes.  Not great.  But not bad.  Then, I showered and had a martini.  Mmm.  Martini.  Then, I decided I was too tired to cook so I ordered a pizza.  See.  Spinach, feta, and tomato.  YUMMERZ. 
 
This morning, as I was standing at the bus stop looking super cute (and txting with my cute boy in AZ), I heard a load CRASH!  My intersection is notorious for accidents (poor visibility plus a lot of people who have obviously never had driver's training).  A dark blue car had hit a silver car.  There was a brief pause, and then the blue car sped away!  Another brief pause (followed by VUBOQ (and probably the driver of the silver car) saying "FUCK!") and the silver car reversed and sped after the blue car.
 
Then, my bus came and my fun commute started.
 
My exciting weekend plans thus far include: Mike (Who Makes Cakes) and Tomoko's Combined Birthday Party (apparently my ex-BFF is actually going to show his face at something I attend.  I'll believe it when I see it ...).  I think Eric from Baltimore is coming down.  Yay.  Saturday (or Sunday or Monday), we will be going to see Sex and the City 2.  And, on Sunday, my neighbors are hosting a brunch.  I am making chili-infused vodka for the bloody marys.  Also on Sunday, my friend Christal will be in town with her baby and is having a BBQ.  The only hitch is that the BBQ is in southern MD and inaccessible without a car.  Not sure if I'll be able to attend or not.  We'll see ...
 
So, that's my news.  Have a wonderful weekend.
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. you have all the fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:35 AM

    you can borrow a car from me if you want, vuboq. white bitch could be all yours for the afternoon.

    - scgb's s

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri12:23 PM

    sounds like a fun weekend! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, your life is one gigantic fun-fest, well, it's exciting anyway. I adore your purple plaid shirt.

    Have a fun weekend and enjoy all the parties and festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I need to know more about the cute boy in AZ.

    ReplyDelete