Monday, May 17, 2010

Weekend Update: Cupcakes Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.

And, how was your weekend? Mine? Well, mine was a streak of dullness punctuated by a few bright, shining moments of cupcakery goodness ...

I did post once or twice this weekend, so scroll down to have a look-see. There are some new birthday party photos uploaded to Flickr. Some of them are quite funny ... at least to me.

So, Saturday, I did some minor cleaning and straightening of the apartment. Then, I went for a run.

In the early evening, I ventured into DC for a Coffee Date with this guy I met online. He was nice enough, but I didn't feel like there was any romantic chemistry. After coffee, I stopped by Hello Cupcake to see if they had started making the Sex and the City-themed cupcakes yet.

They hadn't. They go on sale today. I should buy some at some point for Tomokito's birthday (May 28th). I went ahead and bought 4 cupcakes anyway. 2 Raspberry Beret (chocolate cupcake with raspberry frosting) and 2 Cookies 'n' Cream (see photo). I texted SCGB and K-Factor to see if they wanted to stop by later for cupcakes.

And, that's when SCGB and I decided to meet up at Adega for dinner. Which would be where the first "slip" in Alcohol-Free (the Rest of) April and (Most of) May occurred. I had a glass of pinot grigio with dinner. I am so bad.

Once back at the abode, SCGB decided he wanted to go out with another friend. I popped in a DVD, The Namesake (which was a lot better than I had anticipated). K-Factor came down and we ate cupcakes. Nom.

Sunday, I got up early and worked on my bedroom. I organized some stuff. I vacuumed the curtains. I filled two garbage bags full of clothes to donate. And I ironed and ironed and ironed and ironed.

Oh, and I went to the Whole Foods.

And I "slipped" again. What can I say? My resolve is weak and I wanted a martini.

Today, I am going to try to slip out of work early so I can get to the pottery studio before it closes at 5. Both K-Factor and I have completed works that need to be picked up (and the studio was closed yesterday --- WTF?).

Have a great day! *smooches*

3 comments:

  1. rn terri10:00 AM

    I admire your resolve to make it this far without a drink! I couldnt do it! May is almost over anyway, right? Cupcake looks yummy, did Isabella sneak some? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, May is half over! You've done your duty to your liver. Enjoy that martini!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that cat looks EXACTLY like my cat. wild.

    ReplyDelete