Monday, February 22, 2010

Weekend Update: Movies and Boozies

Good Morning, Kittens!

Hope you had a fabulous weekend! Mine was full of fun and excitement, fer sure.

On Friday, I jetted out of work early for an important appointment ... my hair appointment! Yes, I am reblonded. Huzzah! Afterwards, I headed home for a night of alone time (just me and my martiniz). Tomokito called down around 10:30 to see if I wanted to come up for a drink. No need to ask twice.

Saturday morning, Ray came by to visit Jasha (who is currently living with SCGB). After Ray had a little hug and love time with teh kitteh, we went to brunch at Austin Grill. Then, we did a little shopping. I bought booze (vodka and wine).

After Ray headed back to DC, Mr. Fantastic asked that I wait for him in Downtown Silver Spring, so I plopped myself down at the McGinty's bar with a Boddington's and waited. Once there, he ordered some food and then we walked back to my place.

Around 8, another friend picked us and SCGB up to go to Sarah (of Sarah and Mario)'s birthday party. It was a lot of fun. I drank a lot. And made a couple new friends. Yay!

Sunday, Mr. Fantastic and I parted ways around noon. He went home and I went to the pottery studio. The studio was crowded. I threw a vase (but I think I messed up the top ... we shall see). I was thinking of throwing another one, but there was this one girl in the studio who was giving instruction to some of her friends. And she was loud, had a high-pitched voice, and was treating them like kindergartners ("Oh. That's sooooooo good. I think you have a Gift!"). I started to get a headache.

I cleaned up my wheel and headed into DC. Mr. Fantastic and I picked up a few empanadas and hung out at his place for a bit. Then, we met Mike (Who Makes Cakes) for dinner (Thai!) and watched Up in the Air. My 4-Word Review? Wait for the DVD.

Seriously, it's a good movie. Nice acting. Some funny moments. But, LOOOONG. And with very little resolution. Not sure about George Clooney's Best Actor Oscar nom either. He was good, but was he *that* good?

Today is my flex day. We slept late and are heading out for boozy good times in a bit. I need to head home at some point to do ironing for the week and mentally prepare for work. *ugh*

Have a great day! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmmm, Mario.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember the bright side: At least you have work for which to prepare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have an exciting life, relatively speaking. Exciting in a good way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Booze. Boooooooooooze.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rn terri11:52 AM

    I know, my job is such a mental drain. At least we have one, tho?

    ReplyDelete