Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A New Arrival

Good morning, Kittens.
 
Francis the Nook finally arrived yesterday and isn't he pretty? I purchased two books last night, Lost in a Good Book by Jasper Fforde (the second book in the Thursday Next detective series) and The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (which is about the history of HeLa cells and the woman they came from).  One of the cool features of the nook is that you can lend other nook owners books for two weeks.  Scott has loaned me another book, The Help by Kathryn Stockett.  I also purchased a monthly subscription to the Washington Post ... which I get to try out free for 14 days (and, if I don't like it, I can cancel without being charged).  Yayz.
 
Prior to picking up Francis, I met Mr. Fantastic for dinner at the Heights.  We shared the fried green beans appetizer (yum!), and I had the butternut squash risotto.  Tasty (although the risotto was a bit too salty ... which could explain why I feel so dehydrated this morning).  Mr. Fantastic complained about his roommate (and "best friend") for awhile.  I think he wants me to be all "you are right and he is so wrong" ... which I can't do.  I'm only getting one side of the story.  I did tell him that it seems like they are both intentionally needling each other.  It's long and it's complicated ... and it amazes me that he calls this guy his best friend.  I am trying to keep out of it as much as I can.
 
I guess that's it for now.  I should probably try to get some work done today.
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the Nook! I have heard great things about "Henrietta Lacks" (it's been added to my very long to-be-read list) and "The Help" is definitely a crowd-pleaser. It's been fun to read more new/hardcover releases since I got my Kindle, would usually wait for the paperback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the best friend sitch. Those are never easy and you can never win that one. Loves to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:19 AM

    Good idea to stay neutral in the drama. Yay the nook has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the nook starts to talk, then you will have named it aptly. Smart move on the beau's roommate blues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lost is a fun read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. meredith3:09 PM

    i found you through iambossy - and i think you're grand. just sayin'.

    also: jasper fforde is kind of the best. aaaaand so you should go ahead and buy all the rest of his books. but in cheap nook form, not hardback like i did.

    ReplyDelete