Monday, January 04, 2010

Weekend Update: It's a New Year Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!

This is Jasha. He's a kitten, too. Jasha is Ray's cute little ball of Russian Blueness. The reason Jasha has taken up residence in BOSSY's Guest Room is because Ray is moving to a new apartment. Until Ray gets settled, Jasha will be with me ... and Isabella. Although the whole Jasha/Isabella introduction thing? Not going very well. Of course, it's not going horribly either (need I remind you of the Gertrude/Isabella disaster?).

So, my weekend ... New Year's Eve was quiet. I had the final happy hour of 2009 with Tomokito and SCGB in his apartment. I decided not to go to the party with ScooterGuy, because the weather was crappy. Later, I watched the ball drop with Tomokito and her husband. Then, I returned to my apartment to drink champagne and watch Mad Men.

New Year's Day, I did lots of blobbing around the house in the morning. In the late afternoon, I headed over to Ray's apartment to help him pack and to pick up Jasha.

Saturday, I blobbed around the house. And, around 5:30 met up with a bucketload of friends for the first Saturday Early Evening Margaritas of 2010. ScooterGuy was supposed to come, but backed out because he was tired from working. Nevertheless, it was so much boozy good fun. And as Tomokito wrote on facebook, "It was fun last night even though it was f@#*ing cold! Friends keep you warm. Always."

I didn't get to bed until nearly 3AM.

Sunday was a day spent in a total lethargic state. Around 4, I went up to K-Factor's to use her slightly larger (but more counterspace having) kitchen to make a butternut squash lasagna to take over to my neighbors who had a baby over the holidays ...

0103101858.jpgMmm... lasagna ...


Totally busy good times. Have a great Monday! *smooches*

5 comments:

  1. rn terri12:31 PM

    Back to work after 2 week break--gah! Trying to catch up on your holiday posts. Happy 2010! Smootches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A cute cat. Although that cat has nothing on Baberz.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Introducing adult cats to each other is always fraught. Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How sweet are you - making lasagna for your neighbors...

    Did I mention blobbing is my favorite verb now?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute. But still. BOSSY'S GUEST ROOM???!!!!

    ReplyDelete