Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Morning Complaining

Good morning, kittens.
 
When Tuesday is your Monday, Tuesday is full of teh suck.
 
Complaint #1: My toilet ran all night long.  Making little mini-flushing noises at random intervals.  This is a problem that my toilet has only in really cold weather.  I think it must have something to do with the temperature of the water in the tank causing the seals to contract or something.  I only ever think about it when it is happening (and it just started happening a few days ago).  In the spring/summer/fall, it's fine.  I suppose I should get a plumber in to take a look at it. 
 
Complaint #2: As I was shutting down my computer this morning, I looked at the time and thought "excellent.  I have four minutes until my bus comes."  And, *vrooooooom* there went my bus.  Early.  Fork!
 
Complaint #3: A train went out of service at Union Station, which meant that my train sat at Fort Totten Station for over 10 minutes ... with the DOORS OPEN!  VUBOQsicle anyone?
 
Complaint #4: My office is FREEZING.  And, I have just noticed (what can I say?  I'm not very observant sometimes) that the possible reason for this is that (1) there is no heater in my office and/or (2) there is no HVAC vent work in my office and/or (3) the heat in the adjacent offices do not work very well.  I don't think I can bring in my own heater because it apparently blows out the fuses two offices over.
 
What else will this fabulous day bring?
 
It can only get better, right?
 
*smooches*

5 comments:

  1. o.0 My toilet has started doing that too, and I was all pissed because we'd replaced the innards less than a year ago. It never occurred to me that it was from the cold. I wonder if there's something I can do to make my bathroom warmer and try it out? hmmm... VUBOQ has all the brilliance...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Complaint Number 1: That's like Chinese Water Torture. Bossy completely understands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Tuesday tends to turn out pretty well when I get offered a VUBOQsicle. :-p

    Also, see if you can get a temperature reading in your office; there are OSHA regulations out the wazoo that your company might be violating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comp. # 1 can you wrap your toilet bowl in a towel to make it slightly warmer?
    2 Thermals? or a cozy blanket or wait wait knee warmers!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Complaint #1: Replace the flapper. It's an easy and inexpensive DIY project. Ace Hardware, Home Depot or Lowe's - less than $5.

    ReplyDelete