Friday, January 01, 2010

10 Years Ago

Happy New Year, my sweet sweet kittens.

Maybe the start of a new year is not the time for reflecting on years past, but that's what I find myself doing. Ten years ago, I had finished my first semester of graduate school. And, I spent the turn of the millennium with my friend, Anne-Marie, who I had worked with in Japan and who had taken my position at a small junior college on the outskirts of Beijing.

Here are a few photos I found from that trip ...



Top Left: Mao Ping (Anne-Marie's boyfriend) and I in Tiananmen Square at Midnight(ish) (Neither of us had a watch)
Top Right: Anne-Marie, her friend Louise, and I enjoying lunch
Bottom Left: Louise, me, Anne-Marie on a traditional street having a traditional snack
Bottom Right: Anne-Marie and I play in the snow at the school


In 10 years I traveled internationally (China, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, England, Scotland); I earned a graduate degree; I became vegetarian; I worked; I got laid off; I found a new job; I made new friends; I reconnected with old ones; I've dated and had sex and fallen in love and had my heart broken more times than I care to remember ...

No matter what this new decade holds in store for me, I'm certainly looking forward to the ride.

*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. love you, baby. can't wait to see the good things in store for you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You appear to have had quite a bit of hair back in the day (perhaps appropriately, my verification word is "liont"). Was it just smooshed down from hat, or was there actually a ponytail back out of view?

    Hope the new year brings lots of fun and sparkles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now isn't this sweet and upbeat instead of poor tortured Bossy.

    ReplyDelete