Friday, January 29, 2010

Week in Review and Weekend Plans

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I hope everyone is ready for the weekend.  I know I sure am, and I will tell you why in a moment, but first ... here's a run-down of this week.
 
After a fabulous weekend in New York City and a even fabulouser Monday in Philadelphia (you did check out my pix on flickr, right?), Tuesday was kind of hectic.  I had a doctor's appointment and, then, a lunch meeting to learn about combined heat and power systems (CH&P).  Oh, yeah, can we say "Discussion was WAY over my head?"  I knew we could.
 
Once work ended, I went on Date #2 with (hm ... I really need a clever nickname for teh new guy ... what about Mr. Fantastic?  Let's use that for awhile and see how it sticks) Mr. Fantastic.  He met me at the Columbia Heights Metro Station and we walked to Adams Morgan for dinner at Perry's (yes, the Perry's that is famous for Drag Brunch).  I had never eaten there before.  We had sushi and delicious cocktails.  And, the waiter was nice.
 
Dinner over (Mr. Fantastic paid!), we walked back to his place for dessert.  Or, should I say "dessert?" ... Yes, there was much making out on the sofa.  It was quite fun.  He is so yummy.  He walked me to the bus stop around 10.  So very tired when I got home.  So very tired when I got up for work on Wednesday morning to travel all the way to Franconia-Forking-Springfield for a meeting at my company HQ at 8AM.  *oog*
 
Wednesday night, I did a little grocery shopping.  I did laundry (including washing the sheets and remaking the bed).  And, I collapsed in exhaustion.  Fun times.
 
Thursday at work was rather uneventful.  When I got home, I busied myself making veggie stock (using potatoes I had forgotten about, rosemary, and some random veggie remnants which had been in the freezer.  I also made a recipe from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything Vegetarian: Sauteed Brussel Sprouts with Hazelnuts.  OMG.  It was so tasty.  I'm having the leftovers for lunch today.  Around 7PM, Ray brought Jasha for another extended stay.  After he left, I was able to stretch out on the sofa with a glass of bourbon and relax (by chatting on the phone with Mr. Fantastic).
 
Today, I have quite a bit to accomplish at work and, then, I am meeting the blogger formerly known as the Silver Spring Penguin for happy hour.  She's giving me a vegetarian French cookbook that she no longer wants.  Yay.  After that, I'll head home and blob.
 
Saturday morning, I need to be up early to clean and tidy and organize (and OMG! tax season approaches).  In the afternoon, I will head up to the Whole Foods to stock up on supplies, because Mr. Fantastic is coming over for a little Slumber Party.  He'll meet me at Whole Foods and we'll head back to my place to hang out.  Then, in the evening, I think we are going to Mandalay (super delicious Burmese restaurant) ... or I could cook.  We'll see what we feel like and what the weather is like as well.  I plan on lots of movie watching and -if all goes well- some "movie watching."
 
Sunday, I want to head into DC at some point (after a leisurely lie-in and brunch-like foodz) to check out sites for my big 40th Birthday Party (March 20th - Save the Date ... unless it ends up being on the 13th.  Save that Date too!).
 
And, that's pretty much it for now.  *smooches*
 

7 comments:

  1. Well doesn't THIS sound like an amazing batch of Mr Fantastic stories. Yay to the yay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:15 AM

    Mr Fantastic sounds promising! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun at your slumber party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I hate every weekday cause I have no time for anything so yes, I am looking forward to the weekend. A LOT.

    Hope you have a grand time at the slumber party...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm! Sounds like you've got a great weekend party. Make sure you get plenty of, uh, sleep at that slumber party of yours! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The whole Mr. Fantastic thing has great promise.
    Hope your weather stays reasonable. It looks pretty dicey down here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. May I suggest Vegas for your 40th? That's where I had mine. It was FUCKING SUPERFUN, OMG, SRSLY.

    ReplyDelete