Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Oh, Hai. You look old.

Last night, I missed a call from Mike (Who Makes Cakes), who -god bless him- is one of the most honest people I know. And in his voicemail message he was all ,

"blah blah blah blah blah oh, and ...

*drops GIGANTIC BOMB!*

... Your new facebook profile photo makes you look old."

I called back. And was like "What?"

And he was all, "Well I viewed it on my phone and it's small. You usually look younger than your age. This one makes you look older."

"My age is 39 (shut up! for another few months!). Are you saying I look older than 39."

*sound of back-pedaling*

"No. No. I'm just saying that in your other pictures you look really young. And in this picture you look older than really young."

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Wah.

And that's how you put the cherry on top of a Monday, Kittens.

*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. he means distinguished, I'm sure of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it makes you look mature and distinguished instead of like a teenage boy. I guess it depends on what you are going for. I vote for distinguished.

    Ha, and I typed this before I saw Pacalaga's comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. rn terri11:42 AM

    Definitely meant distinguished!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:46 AM

    Yuh, we all should look THAT old.... No sweetie, you do not look OLD!!!

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking younger than my age is my schtick too, but I keep wondering how long that will last. I think I'm going to start lying about my age--but saying I'm older than I am by like 10 years and then people will really be all, "No way! I *never* would have guessed that!"

    Superficiality. It's all I've got : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bossy would pick the word "mature". Not the same as old. The repose bespeaks a certain calm maturity.

    Use this photo when trying to pick up an octogenarian millionaire.

    ReplyDelete