Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Update: Relaxing Edition

Good morning, Kittens!  Happy rainy Monday morning!
 
This day has started off swimmingly with a huge delay because of single-tracking at Takoma metro station.  Huzzah.  Eventually, I made it into work.  Double yayz ... :-/
 
So, this weekend ... I didn't do much of anything.  Friday, I made pesto, using the lemon basil that is going all crazy in the "garden."  It was actually pretty tasty.  Nom nom nom.  However, I decided to freeze most of it, and I made this for dinner.  Very tasty.  Forbidden (black) rice has a surprisingly nutty flavor.  It was a splurge buy at the Whole Foods.  Too expensive for every day cookery.
 
Saturday morning, I went for a 4-5 mile run.  I'm not sure how far I went, but it was a good run.  I did some cleaning.  I ironed a shit-ton of shirts. I made more pesto (with regular basil), which I froze.  SCGB invited me up for cocktail hour.  And, then I blobbed around watching movies. Not Joe texted to see how late I would be up and if he could come over to spend the night.  In a moment of weakness, I said I'd be up until 10 or 11 and, yes, he could come over.  However, around 10:45, he texted again.  I was ready to go to bed and he wouldn't be over for at least another hour.  So, I said don't bother. We can reschedule.  Or something. Or not.  Whatever.
 
Sunday morning, I blobbed some more.  And, then, I went to pottery studio.  I had two things out of the kiln: this raised platter (which, unfortunately, has a flaw in the glaze that may render it unusable for food) and this cute mug (which will become my Dad's Father's Day gift).  After studio, M (remember him?  guy from last summer (D), who I really liked but he disappeared?  I seem to have that problem with guys, don't I?) picked me up and we went out for Chinese.  Then, we went back to his place where we did a little job searching and resume updating ... and making out on the sofa.  I still really like him and, whenever we're together it's like we haven't been apart.  We just *click*. 
 
However, he is moving to Las Vegas ... in two weeks.  For a year.  *sigh*  I was talking to him about how much I liked him and was sad he was moving away.  He replied rather cryptically, "Why do people give up so easily on the chance for love?  It's this great thing that everyone seems to want, but they don't give it a chance."  Interesting ... What does that mean?  in relation to him and me? (Me and him?) I don't know. 
 
And, I guess that about wraps up the weekend.  I didn't get to hang out with the Visiting Canadians because of scheduling conflicts.  I thought we were hanging out on Saturday, so I kept it open.  But, they planned something for Sunday.  And, I'm sorry, but making out with a hot guy on his sofa trumps visiting Hockey Hooligans from Canadia.
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Avoid the cryptic. Avoid those on the DL. Avoid those moving 2,000 miles away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know a few Canadians I'd love to spend an evening with again.

    Nonetheless, I agree with GayProf on what to avoid. There's GOT to be some guy in DC that is totally non-avoidable, ya know?

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with GayProf, too. Love the pottery and your dinner looks delicious (except for the mushrooms). We bought some forbidden rice at Whole Foods, but it's hanging out in the cupboard til I figure out what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete