Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bringing You Up-to-Date: So Sleepy Edition

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
My weekend was a bit of a bust.  My co-worker's Friday happy hour was postponed (boo), so I went home and drank basil gimlets with Miss Isabella (she abstained). Then, I finished reading "We Need to Talk About Kevin."  Interesting book.  Apparently, it has been made into a movie with Tilda Swinton (love!) in the leading role.  Perfect casting, IMHO.  I went to bed around 11 ... which was when M called to see if I wanted to spend his last Friday in DC with him.  I did, but *ugh* there was no way I could do it.  Oh, well.  He should have called sooner.
 
Saturday, I went for a run.  I did some shopping.  I cleaned (a little).  I had cocktails with Tomokito and SCGB.  I watched "Atonement."
 
Sunday, I went to the pottery studio.  M was too busy, so we rescheduled our date.  I came home and had cocktails with SCGB.  I blobbed around the house for a bit.  And, later, had cocktails with Tomokito and Hana (she abstained).
 
After work on Monday, I went for a run.  Then, I rushed around to meet M at Thai at Silver Spring.  It's the restaurant where we had our first date.  Awww.  It was fun.  He makes me laugh.  After dinner, he came up for a minute.  We had QPCT (Quality Partially Clothed Time) and he left around 1130/midnight.  Needless to say, I am v. tired this morning.
 
I think I may have mentioned that (1) I really like M and (b) he is moving to Las Vegas tomorrow (!) for a year.  *sigh*  On the plus side, he is letting me use his car for the year he is gone.  So maybe he really likes me too?  I am picking the car up after pottery class tonight. 
 
I am only working half a day today (yay!), because I have a doctor's appointment to check my blood pressure and discuss some other medical issues I've been having.  *ugh*
 
I guess that's about it.  Just for fun, here's a photo I took at work yesterday.  Enjoy!
 
Have a great day!
*smooches*

1 comment:

  1. Ha! Great photo.

    I just saw a trailer for the movie Beautiful Boy, which reminded me of "We Need to Talk About Kevin." I didn't know they made that into a movie. Man, that was a depressing book.

    ReplyDelete