Friday, June 17, 2011

Ready for the Weekend

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
This has certainly been a week. *ugh*
 
Lessee ... Not Joe has not been in touch since last weekend.  Whatever.  I sent him a text.  He didn't respond.  Fine.  He was cute, but I don't really need the headache of being all into a guy on the DL.  We had some fun QNT, but that's about all we had in common.  Moving on ...
 
Work is becoming a big ol' source of stress.  I may have mentioned that there is a new guy (who comes in one weekend a month) who I thought would be a good resource for me.  Well, it turns out that even though he told me that he thought I was on the right track and would be happy to assist me with whatever I needed, he has been telling other people (including the Big Bosses Upstairs) that I don't know what I'm doing (Keep in mind that we've only met once and had a -maybe- 20 minute conversation about the program I am starting FROM SCRATCH).  Thanks so much, dirtbag.  I really don't need a two-faced liar "assisting" me.  Needless to say, this has created a shitstorm.  And I have to do damage control.  Fuck fuck fuck.
 
On the bright side, last night, I had dinner with Ray.  Things seem to be looking up for him.  Yay!  And he is always an entertaining dinner companion.  We met at Alero on U Street.  I got there early and had a margarita (or two).  And then spinach enchiladas.  Nomz.
 
This weekend, I don't have much going on ... word on the street is that there are some Canadians in town.  I have agreed to hang out with them at some point.  I don't know when.  I guess they'll let me know.  I hope they aren't from Vancouver, City of Scary Hooligans!
 
Also this weekend, I need to shop, clean, iron, and do some serious career evaluation/job-hunting.  And make a couple of runs (tonight and Sunday).
 
On Sunday, I'll go to the pottery studio for a bit.  And, then, I may be heading over to M's house for dinner and (hopefully) a little *wink wink nudge nudge*.
 
I suppose I should make a phone call to the Male Parental Unit as well, since it is Male Parental Unit Day.  I haven't gotten him a present yet.  No idea what to get.  I'm thinking I will gift him a piece of pottery that still hasn't been fired yet (bah).
 
I guess that's about it.  Have a good weekend!
*smooches*
 

1 comment:

  1. Ugh -- What a jerk of a new coworker. People will see through such behavior.

    And people on the DL can only be fun in the short term. They can't take their own sexuality seriously enough for anybody else to do so.

    ReplyDelete