Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Decisions Decisions

Good Morning, Kittens.

As you may recall, I had a rough couple of days a week or so ago. And, what does VUBOQ do when he has a rough couple of days (besides drink himself into an incoherent stupor, that is)?

He shops.

And, shop I did.

In fact, I bought a new pair of shoes: Some tan wingtips by Penguin. The dilemma is that, a few months ago, I bought a pair of brown wingtips by Florsheim. The reason behind this over-abundance of brownish wingtips is that I wanted a cute pair to match the SuperCute tiny houndstooth Tommy Hilfiger suit I bought to wear to K-Factor and the Canadian's Canadian wedding this coming Labor Day.

Of course, now, I can't decide which pair I like better ... I need to return one (or possibly exchange for a pair of black wingtips. I don't own any black wingtips!).

Here's a side by side photo (on top of the suit):

photo.JPG


And, the Penguin:

photo.JPG


And, the Florsheim:

photo.JPG


This is totally like Sophie's Choice (perhaps with slightly less emotional/psychological consequences).

Let me know what you think!
Have a great day!
*smooches*

19 comments:

  1. I like the Penguin better, but I'm no fashion maven.

    Where are they getting married in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also prefer the Penguin. They seem to go better with the suit and not compete with it. If that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is hard. I'm a fan of the Florsheim. I WANT to like the Penguins better because I love Penguin and my grandfather wore Florsheim. But I think that Florsheim are excellent in both quality and comfort and I'm a sucker for whiskey-colored leather.

    I do like the Penguins better with the suit, I guess. they are sleeker and lighter. But I think the Florsheims are cute with the spectator detail and they will "age" better too. And will go great with anything. The best part of whiskey leather (and dragon's blood/cognac leather) is that they go with black better. So you'll be able to wear them more. I think.

    I don't know.

    I'm a mess with this sort of stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:40 AM

    penguin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are different enough from each other that you could reasonably keep both pairs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the Penguin.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous12:48 PM

    Penguin.---Tomokito

    ReplyDelete
  8. What if its 105o over labor day... is there an alternate wardrobe choice? I agree with TED that you should keep both. Letter soles and heels are awesome just as a damp day and the rubber soles. Both are gorgeous. Save for the black shoes :)
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  9. letter = Leather in English.. usually
    Sorry Duh me
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  10. Let me preface this by saying I don't even have the fashion sense God gave a blind llama. Now, having gotten that out of the way, I think the brown looks better than the tan.

    If you can't decide, get purple. You can go wrong with purple. Purple ANYTHING, suit, shoes, whatever, it ALL looks good if it's purple! :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I say, keep the Florsheim. The leather looks richer and I like the heel better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Penguins look too pink in the photos, or maybe not pink enough (Go big or go home). I think I'd go with the Florsheims.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think the Penguin is better. A bit more subtle than the polished shoe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wold have liked to see the shit and tie combo as well, but with the limited information I have the Florsheims. I agree with Calvin about the heel and I think there is too much similarity between the color of the suit and the Penguin shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i prefer the florsheim. the penguins tend to blend in too much. the darker brown of the florsheim pair helps them stand out a little bit and be less all "tan". how i hate "tan"

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'd go with the Penguins, it just has more ooomph to it than the Florsheims.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Pengiun looks classier, the shade is more subtle and goes with the suit better.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nathan V9:46 PM

    Penguin for sure.

    ReplyDelete