Thursday, June 30, 2011

It's Friday! Friday! Well, Not Really.

Good Afternoon, Kittens.
 
Today is my Friday.  Oh, hellz to the yeah!  Four day weekend!  Scorez!
 
And, I was totally late to work this morning.  I woke up with all sorts of weird intestinal issues going on.  So I called my boss and went back to bed.  I rolled into work around 10:30.  Sweet.  AND, they are letting us leave 2 hours early today.  Suh-WEET-er!
 
Last night, I did laundry. I called my BFF from college, Isa.  We chatted for a long time.  I ate orzo with homemade pesto.  AND, I managed to get all sorts of semi-interesting gossip from several neighbors.  Good times.
 
I also finished updating my resume and writing a cover letter.  I'll be sending that off tomorrow.
 
On a sad note, SCGB moves out of our building today.  Waaaah.   It's so sad that I will never see him again.  He's moving into the DeeCee.  He will be swallowed up by the Columbia Heights Hipster Culture and forget his close-in suburban friends.  Alas, I shall end up alone and rotting in my little apartment.  *sigh*
 
After work today, my co-worker and I are meeting our boozy former co-worker for happy hour.  That should be a good time.  And, tomorrow, I am getting my hairz did.  Then, I'm going to go pick up M's car.  No plans for Saturday (I have been invited to a BBQ, but it's far out in Gaithersburg.  I could drive M's car, but then I couldn't get all boozed up and embarass myself in front of a house full of strangers). Sunday, Eric from Baltimore is coming down. We'll either do margs in DC or summery cocktails at Casa de VUBOQ.  And, I don't have any plans on Monday either.  Maybe I'll find someone to watch the fireworks with. 
 
Or maybe I will go to bed early.
 
I am living the life, fer sure.
 
Have a great day and a happy weekend.
I may check in at some point this weekend, but if not, Happy Independence Day to my fellow Amurcans.
*smoooches*

3 comments:

  1. That is sad that SCGB is moving away. Personally, I have a hard time with change. At least you will always have drinking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for friday!!

    It's always my Saturday here... LOL #funemployment

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy fourth to you, too!

    ReplyDelete