Friday, June 03, 2011

Conflicted

Good morning, kittens.
 
Yesterday, I emailed J for the last time.  It was a relatively short email stating that I am concerned about him, that I hope he is OK, and that, if the reason that he has stopped contacting me is because things are over between us, I would appreciate an explanation.  I wonder if I will ever hear from him ...
 
In the meantime, I went on a date last night.  He's cute.  We met at Gallery Place and wandered around the National Portrait Gallery for awhile.  And, then had a light dinner at Zaytinya.  I had a good time; however, I felt like I was cheating (a little) on J (which is weird since we never had the chance to have a discussion about exclusivity).  *ugh*  I need to move on (I guess).  We are seeing each other tonight as well.  We are meeting at Gallery Place again and, then, going to his place for dinner.  How do I get myself into these situations?
 
Also, I sort of accidentally fell off the wagon yesterday.  I had a beer with lunch.  Oops.  I totally forgot about my no drinking commitment.  I blame my co-worker.  It was her birthday and she wanted to have a boozy lunch.  She shouldn't have to drink alone at her Boozy Birthday Lunch, right?  But, one beer, and no drink with dinner and no drink when I got home.  I think I'm back on track. 
 
Oh, and it's Friday!  I don't really have any weekend plans.  I reconnected with another guy from last summer.  He wants me to come over on Saturday for hot secks.  I don't think that will happen.  I need more than hot secks, and he is definitely not the emotionally available relationship type.
 
So on Saturday, I will clean the house, work in the tiny garden, grocery shop, and -hopefully- play a game of Death Croquet in the park with some of my neighbors.
 
Sunday, I'm going to visit the German and his Baby Mama to meet the new baby!  Yay!
 
Have a great weekend!
*smooches* 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Death Croquet? That sounds like fun. Visions of exploding croquet balls bounce through my head.

    I'm sorry J has you all twisted up. I think one little slip off the wagon is forgivable. Have an enjoyable weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's no wonder that things feel unsettled with J given that he just randomly disappeared. But you hardly owe him fidelity.

    Does this mean that your no booze clock starts over?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Tam and GayProf. Death Croquet sounds like a blast - hope you have lots of fun this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did what you could. There's 25 other letters in the alphabet, it's his loss.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete