Friday, April 08, 2011

Which Seat Can I Take?

Good Afternoon, Kittens.

This is me, kickin' in the front seat.

Sooooo, as you can see the bruises are getting a bit better. And, of course, you can follow the Evolution of the Bruise here.

In other good news, I reconnected my old cellphone so I do have *some* connection to the outside world (I suppose that is a good thing). I, also, spent much time this morning learning about NYC Victim's Rights and making doctors' appointments. Dentist! Primary Care Physician! Good times! I am holding off on making an eye appointment until after discussion with the PCP.

Yesterday, I missed a flower delivery. Awwww. Someone sent me flowers! Isn't that sweet? But, I was asleep. And the floral people left a card for me to call to reschedule. But I don't have a phone. Dr. Mel (my hero!) was online, so I IM'ed him and he called. The flowers will be delivered tomorrow.

THEN, I saw a police car in the parking lot. Gah. I figured they were here to haul me away. And they were! Sort of. They subpoenaed me. "Subpoenaed" sounds kind of dirty. I wish the cute officer had subpoenaed me all over my apartment! *wink*. I am supposed to go to NYC on April 18th for the Grand Jury. I am not sure how necessary it is for me to be there. Because, you know, I have a job. And an out-of-town visitor that weekend. And my last pottery class.

The Assistant DA is supposed to call me this afternoon. I guess I will find out then.

In the meantime, it's Friday. Friday. La la la la la la la.

Have a great weekend!
*smooches*

6 comments:

  1. I'm like a week behind on my blog reading, and was surfing through flickr and saw your bruise pics there...holy hell.

    I hope everything continues to heal and you get back to your non-zombie self soon - and that the jackasses that jumped you get the crap beaten out of them in holding.

    (hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the speed of the justice system in the US. Here it would be at least 2014 before there was any kind of activity in court and he's be out on bail and disappeared into the underground long before then.

    Enjoy your phone and your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek! That is frightening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Flowers, sweet. Hope it's all healing well and painlessly.

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowza. That is one hell of a bruise. You could be an extra on The Walking Dead.

    I hope karma is on the job and those a**holes get what they deserve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, don't feel so bad there buddy...my husband lost his brand new Blackberry last week and he's been beating HIMSELF silly over it every day since!

    Hope those jerkoffs that did this to you get electrocuted, or something.

    ReplyDelete