Monday, April 18, 2011

Weekend Update: Visiting Friend Edition

Good Evening, Kittens!

It's cocktail hour, so make yourself a little libation, sit back, and read all about my exciting weekend ...

Friday, after work, I met Alison at Jaleo. We had tapas. And many, many glasses of sangria. Well, I had many, many glasses. Alison, who is a lightweight, made me finish the last half of her only glass of sangria.

After Jaleo, she left to meet another friend and I went home.

AND, guess what? I had not one, but TWO, packages waiting for me. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1 and Charlie's Angels: Season 1. OMG. So much excitement to watch. I had also received The Wiz through Netflix, and that's what I ended up watching Friday night. Ease on down. Ease on down. Ease on down the ro-ad. Alison got back around 10PM, but we decided it was too late to start HP7A, which is nearly 2.5 hours long. (Two and a half hours of PURE AWESOME, btw.)

Saturday, Alison left to meet some friends for lunch. I putzed around the house. I shopped online (purchasing $30 worth of Classic Whitney Houston *and* a new iPhone). And, I watched lots and lots of Charlie's Angels, Season 1. Alison had dinner plans as well, so I ended up going to a new (to us) Mexican restaurant in Silver Spring with SCGB. It was OK. I like El Golfo better (and it's closer). After dinner, we did cocktails at Casa de Esteban. SCGB left. Alison got home around 11:30, and we decided to watch HP7A. Did I mention that it is 2.5 hours of PURE AWESOME?

Of course, that meant that we didn't get to bed until after 2:30AM. And we needed to be up at 8. And the power flickered, which meant my alarm didn't go off.

But, somehow, I got up at 8:15. Sweet.

We had a little visit with Tomokito (who knew Alison from our grad school days) and Cute Not-Really-a-Baby-Anymore Baby Hana. Then, we journeyed to Union Station to put Alison on the 12PM MegaBus to NYC.

I went to the pottery studio. Which was a wasted trip, because the kiln is still borked. Grr. So, I left and had a boozy lunch at Adega. SCGB joined me and we split a bottle of wine. Then, we headed home. Tomokito came down and we had cocktails ... and another bottle of wine.

SCGB left for a date. Tomokito went home. I watched HP7A (2.5 hours of PURE AWESOME!) again, and -then- went to bed.

Today, I made two more doctor's appointments (ENT and endontist). I went to the grocery store. I took a nap. And, later, I am going on a date with a cute English Lit teacher.

Have a great evening!
*smooches*

4 comments:

  1. So if I read you right, you like the Harry Potter movie, correct? :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri10:47 AM

    oooo a date. How did it go?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, how was the date?

    HP7A is next on my queue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's actually "ease on down, ease on down the ro-ad." You had one too many "ease on downs" there. Just wante to clear that up. Funny, I also enjoyed the movie but it was universally panned when it came out and still is villified in the musicals world. It is a bit over the top.

    You really have to see the HP movies in a theater for full appreciation of the awesome, which I hope you did and just bought the DVD to have it at home as well. If not, then I will come down when HP7-pt2 comes out and we are seeing it in a theater.

    ReplyDelete