Monday, April 25, 2011

Weekend Update: Bunnies and Booze Edition

Good Morning, Kittens.
 
I is very very overhung.  Not headachy (fortunately) nor queasy (also fortunately), but am ubergroggy to the tenth degree.  *ugh*  Needless to say, my Easter Sunday (and, in fact, the entire weekend) was quite good (bordering on stellar, even).
 
It didn't start off that great though ... My Friday evening date was postponed b/c he had to work late. Boo.  But, that meant that I could do happy hour at my place with Tomokito.  Yay!  We had a very good time. 
 
Saturday, I slept in (yay).  And cleaned and tidied and went to the Whole Foods.  Then, I joined the Tomokito Clan for sangria at El Golfo.  After that, I ironed.  and took a nap.  THEN, the most wonderful thing happened ... I had a date.
 
My second date with the English Lit teacher, who shall henceforth be referred to as "J" (b/c that is his initial) and who we hope shall be referred to frequently in this little section of the blogoverse.  J came to my place.  I was a bit surprised because he knocked on my door without being buzzed in.  He said one of my neighbors had let him in.  2 minutes later I got a text from Tomokito: "Super cute." [We are *so* into each other's business in my building.  Love it!]
 
And, indeed, J is super cute.  OMG, soooooo cute.
 
Because the weather was so nice, we decided to take a walk in the park.  Once we got back, I made negronis (he LOVES gin!  OMG!).  After cocktails, we ordered a pizza and settled in to watch Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 1.  About halfway through the movie, there was some cuddling and making out.  Mmmm.  Making out with super cute guy on my sofa.  So. Much. Fun.
 
After the movie ended (and more making out), he said, "I notice that you kiss with your eyes open."  J is an eyes closed kisser, but I guess he took some peeks.  So, I told him that a long time ago I read in a novel (or something) that if you kiss with your eyes closed it means you are thinking of someone else.  "Who are you thinking of," I asked.
 
"I'm concentrating on feeling happy," he replied.
 
I may (or may not) have melted a little.
 
Around midnight, I walked him part-way to the metro station so he could go home.  He asked if we could see each other again later this week ... I certainly hope so :-)
 
On Easter morning, after some very weird dreams, I was awakened by a loud knock-knock-knocking on my door.  "WTF," I thought, as I stumbled to answer it.
 
When I opened the door, I had a package from Amazon.  It was my home blood pressure monitor.  I can only assume that it was delivered by the Easter Bunny, because who else would deliver on a Sunday morning? I haven't tried it out yet, though.
 
Sunday was quite busy ... On my way to brunch at Brianna's, I stopped at Sticky Fingers Bakery to buy some vegan cupcakes for the dinner party at the German and his Hot Baby Mama's place.  Then, because it was so beautiful and warm, I walked to the brunch.  Which was boozy and delicious and full of hot gay menz.  I left the brunch at 4:30ish and met SCGB at DIK on 17th Street for pre-dinner party drinks.  Then, we went to dinner.  The food was awesome - salad and a lentil soup.  Delicious.  Nom nom nom.  And lots of wine.
 
We got home around 10:30. I called J (but he didn't answer), and went to bed.  Very durnk.
 
This morning has been rough.  I am sure the rest of the day will be fabulous though.
 
I'm supposed to have a lunch date with the guy who postponed on Friday. I am not overly excited about it.  He's cute, but not super cute ;-) ...
 
Plus, I need to contact the pottery studio to see if the kiln has been fixed and things have been bisque-fired.  Otherwise, there is no need to go to the studio today.
 
Have a wonderful wonderful happy happy day.
And kiss with your eyes open ;-)
*smooches*
 
 

3 comments:

  1. A teacher of English literature sounds like he would be interesting in conversations. If, you know, there is a lull in the making out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear someone's doing well in the dating department.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your weekend brightened my otherwise drab evening. And really, you kiss with you eyes open? All the time? With Kris, we've done that, occasionally, and it's more intense, but most of the time, it's eyes closed.

    Nonetheless, still smiling at how cute you are when you're with your guys. :)

    HUGS...

    ReplyDelete