Monday, January 03, 2011

Weekend Update: It's the End of the Century Edition!

Good Morning, Kittens!  And Happy New Year! Hard to believe another year has come and gone, isn't it?
 
My New Year's Weekend was quite fun. On Thursday, I left work around 3 to board the Bolt Bus to NYC.  The bus was full but traffic was light.  We made really good time until we hit traffic at the Lincoln Tunnel.  I disembarked around 9:30 or so and got to Jake's condo around 10.  I was STARVING, so we went to a little Thai restaurant in his neighborhood.  It was tasty.  I had vegetarian crispy duck salad.  I'm not normally a fan of fake meat made to taste like real meat, but this duck had the crispy texture it needed and a nice falvor.  Hurrah.
 
Friday, Jake and I had lunch at Bread and, then, met David at Uni-Qlo.  I was a little sad because Uni-Qlo had nothing for me.  Waah.  But, I perked up when we went to a bar for drinks.  Yay.  Drinks!  David left, and Jake and I went back to his place to rest up for the crazy New Year's Eve party.  We met up with David again around 8 at a yummy vegetarian restaurant (the name of which I can't remember).  After dinner, we walked to David's friend's apartment and drank lots and lots and lots of champagne.  Then, it was 2011. Yay.
 
Some of us may have been a little durnk.  We got back to Jake's around 3, I think.  Saturday consisted of blobbing around until we left to meet my friend, Min, for ramen noodles ... except the noodle restaurant was closed.  Instead we went to a yummy Mexican restaurant, El Centro. Mmmm. Margaritas.  After eating, we walked over to Posh for a quick cocktail.  Then, back to Brooklyn for a little blobbing on the sofa.
 
Sunday, I got up early and packed my bag.  Then, I said good-bye to Jake and left to meet David at the Market Cafe ... except it was closed (are you sensing a theme?).  Instead we went to HK.  Then, we went to the bus stop and waited for my bus.  It was congested but the bus was close to on-time. I thought it would be packed, but I managed to get a seat to myself.  Yay!
 
The bus got to DC around 5PM (a little behind schedule), I was home by 6:00 and in bed at 9. 
 
And how was your New Year's?  Chock full of fun and excitment?
 
Have a great day!  *smooches*

4 comments:

  1. we got busted by my kid while we were still awake giggling and drinking champagne in bed. :D it was most excellent, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:56 AM

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a you had a delicious new year's. Happy 2011!

    ReplyDelete