Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Resolved

Good Morning, Kittens!
 
Four days into the New Year, I'm almost ready to put my New Year's Resolution into ACTION!  Before the holidays began, SCGB and I were talking about New Year's Resolutions.  He had heard somewhere that, rather than making a long list of resolutions, it's best to only make one.  I have several things I want to accomplish this year, but most of them are thematically related.  So, I have declared 2011 to be the Year of Health!
 
*applause*
 
I want to eat better.  Exercise more. And get some (rather pressing) health issues (which I have been ignoring ... do you know how hard it is to find a gay/gay-friendly doctor who (1) accepts my insurance and (2) I like?) taken care of.
 
I want to eat healthier foods (like this tangerine I'm eating for breakfast).  And, I want to stop eating lunch out so frequently (it's expensive and not always the healthiest option).  The problem with not eating lunch out is that my building is a soul-crushing monstrosity with nothing to do nearby.  Sometimes, one has to escape for a minute or two (or 120).  If I don't go out for lunch, there is usually no other place to go to.  No cute little coffee shops.  No tiny boutiques.  *sigh*  I am thinking I will bring my lunch and then simply tagalong with my co-workers.  Hopefully that will work.
 
I am also going to joni the gym.  And *ugh* I hate the gym.  BUT, I need to exercise and it's too cold to do it outside.  There is a Washington Sports Club near my apartment, so I will probably join that in the coming week or so.  They are currently offering a reduced sign-up fee and January free.   Combine that with some benefits my company offers and I won't have to pay for the membership until Summer.  Yay!
 
So, there you have it.  My Year of Health.  Let's see how long it lasts ...
 
*smooches*
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck, that's a good resolution. My works is like that, in the middle of freaking nowhere. The choice is cafeteria or 20 min. walk. I end up eating in my office but bringing my lunch is better and cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. rn terri11:42 AM

    That sounds like a great plan! Hope you can tolerate the lunch thing, I have to work through my lunch and it drives me insane.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a love/hate thing with the gym. They are, though, great places to meet the gays. I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you need to get one of these for lunch

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtCSOtrl6g0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here is some good news on the health front. Drinkers exercise more: http://tinyurl.com/32pd9du Therefore, drinking is good for you (that's my interpretation, and I'm sticking to it)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you know, up here there are tons of docs who advertise as lesbian-friendly (mostly ob-gyns) but there isn't the same press for gay-friendly docs and lots of my friends are having the same problem you are.

    also, I made the ginger tea again last night (sickly, ugh) and added a few cloves. I whole heartedly believe that cloves are magical, and they didn't disappoint here.

    love to you!

    oh, and I was at Parc on Saturday night and I was dying for you to be there.

    ReplyDelete