Monday, January 10, 2011

Weekend Update: Better Late Than Never Edition

Good Evening, Kittens.

I have had a busy, busy day (the photo to the right should give you a partial hint), but I'm saving all that news for tomorrow's post. ooh. anticipation. I am such a tease.

My weekend has been fabulous. Friday, after work, I met SCGB at the U St. Alero for pre-happy hour margaritas. Then, we walked down to Nellie's to meet CJ and AQ for super-cheap drinks and good times. CJ brought his new co-worker (and partner). And, AQ invited another friend ... who I happened to find UberSuperCute and we hit it off quite well. Tomokito also joined us. We had lots and lots of vodka. I may have been a little tipsy.

Saturday? Very. Hung. Over. BUT, I rallied just in time to have a tomato soup and grilled cheese party with K-Factor and SCGB around 1:30. I made the soup. It was (if I do say so myself) delicious. Tomato soup from scratch is super easy. So you should never use canned. I used a slightly modified (of course) version of Mark Bittman's recipe in How to Cook Everything Vegetarian. The grilled cheese were gourmet: manchego cheese and apples. Nomz! Everything was so tasty!

Later that night, SCGB and I met Steveandbobby for drinks at Nellie's (again). And, it just so happens that I invited the UberSuperCute Guy from Friday night and he came too. Yay! Happy. After a round (or two) of drinks, we walked to U St. Alero for dinner. Mike (Who Makes Cakes) and a group of his friends joined us there. Amazingly, our party of 8 (or 9?) got seated immediately. Crazy good luck! I think they might have had a reservation cancel or something.

After dinner, SCGB went to JRs, Steveandbobby went home, and the rest of us went back to Nellie's. It was SuperCrowded, so after one drink, UberSuperCute Guy and I left. He walked me to the metro station and gave me a hug and a quick kiss good night. *giggle*

Sunday, I did lots of cleaning and stuff. I undecorated. I rearranged the living room. This is now the view from the sofa:

0109111736.jpg


It is amazing how much cat hair and how many cat toys one can find when they rearrange the furniture.

I also sorted through my sweaters and have donated about a dozen to local charity. Now, I have room in my sweater drawers for my Cute New Sweaters (some of which have yet to be boughten).

For dinner, SCGB invited me up for delicious potato leek soup. After dinner, I chilled and watched DVDs, preparing myself for the adventure that would be my Monday.

Hope your day was a delight and an adventure.

*smooches*

3 comments:

  1. OMG!

    R U getting a new locker?! Is it right next to my locker!? OMG!! SQUEEEEE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you have UberSuperCute Guy's number? Does he have yours? Will you see each other again? Like, for a date? Sounds promising.

    The grilled cheese sounds fantastic. I'm all kinds of jealous and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nathan v12:20 AM

    Vuboq, I never bother to comment, but I ought to confess that your blog is one of my favourites.

    Keep up the entertaining bloggy goodness.

    ReplyDelete